Match Day - PNE v Cardiff City - Championship - 27/06/20 - KO:12:30 pm

Your probably right but it might just take a bit of pressure off. We've been very negative since christmas, hopefully with nothing to lose we will have a bit more of a go like earlier on in the season but as I said I'm probably just clutching at straws.
I really hope your right, you are certainly bob on in the fact that we've been negative since Xmas

taxipete1

First Team
Neil’s not not been the same since he moved to Longridge Bhaggers.

Bloody riff-raff around there.
We could do with a bit of fight like the famous Longridge 'Forrest Arms' side of the eighties full of 'Dewhursts' but then ending each game with nine men is maybe not the way forward.

Don't say you weren't warned
It's bad - it's like he panics - but Harrop still deserves a run of games in my view. What have we got to lose? I can't imagine all of our second string aren't it the first team because they're not making the grade week-in, week-out (Neil has his favourites, as we all know).

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
As far as I know Nuge never scored a hat trick at Deepdale. Only Richard Creswell and @edgy's favourite player, Jon Parkin, have scored Championship hat tricks for t'North End.

(Awaits correction :))
Fuller v Burnley, you missed out the best of the lot. 5-3

Healy v Stockport 6-1

Probably others but you get the gist, Sid!

cpnend

Manager
I don’t think there was an awful lot between the teams yesterday other than the finishing. We had our chances and didn’t take them. As I said yesterday, we look like a team that’s got a maximum of one goal in it And we are totally reliant on a clean sheet for a win.

ZeusHam

Manager
It's bad - it's like he panics - but Harrop still deserves a run of games in my view. What have we got to lose? I can't imagine all of our second string aren't it the first team because they're not making the grade week-in, week-out (Neil has his favourites, as we all know).
Harrop’s was a bad miss, he kicked the ball against his standing foot which blazed it over. Nugent’s though was even worse, he had so much time just to pass it in, yet he whacked it well wide/over. Just wish it was DJ or Sinclair for both opportunities...

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
for me we picked our best available team so I cant moan about that but though the names on the shirts were familiar the bodies inside them were largely unrecognisable...

Everything was summed up in the first minute of the 2nd half. We take the kick off, Davies goes long to Stockley and is a good 10 metres off target; its headed out to Fisher who heads it straight back to a blue shirt who clears. Bauer picks up the clearance and slices it out for a throw to them.
We regain possession, Browne passes a 5 metre ball out for a throw between Barky & Fisher. We regain it again and Pearo does a fancy back heel to Barky which again goes out of play.

I'm sure, whatever AN told them at half time, it wasn't to concede 3 throw ins and give the ball away 5 times... but we did...

Making team changes for weds might well be required and understandable but if the players constantly make the same basic errors, time and again, tactics; formations; wont make the slightest difference....

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
for me we picked our best available team so I cant moan about that but though the names on the shirts were familiar the bodies inside them were largely unrecognisable...

Everything was summed up in the first minute of the 2nd half. We take the kick off, Davies goes long to Stockley and is a good 10 metres off target; its headed out to Fisher who heads it straight back to a blue shirt who clears. Bauer picks up the clearance and slices it out for a throw to them.
We regain possession, Browne passes a 5 metre ball out for a throw between Barky & Fisher. We regain it again and Pearo does a fancy back heel to Barky which again goes out of play.

I'm sure, whatever AN told them at half time, it wasn't to concede 3 throw ins and give the ball away 5 times... but we did...

Making team changes for weds might well be required and understandable but if the players constantly make the same basic errors, time and again, tactics; formations; wont make the slightest difference....
A very good summary, for me.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Two of which missed sitters, chances that even Ando would have gobbled up :p
Excuse me , what do you mean even Ando 😁

I was lethal in my day..... by the sounds of it , I would have scored the two sitters from yesterday and I’m 59 now !!!

Good post that Rehab

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
AN needs to either

1) Look back at the videos when we were playing fluent football and scoring for fun with different scorers, and revert back to playing like that or

2) Look at the video of the Rovers game when we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 and watch Stockleys involvement and utilise him in that manner.

3) Stop playing this safe game and hope we can snatch something. It isn’t working and is boring. If the fans can see how predictable we are, surely opposing Managers can, which makes their job all that easier.

walmer worried

First Team
Watching other games this weekend.It shows how other managers have used their subs to great effect.Neil always seems to wait till the crow strikes 60 mins before hell make any change.Then lets through cold players on with 5 mins to go and let them get castigated for missing chances before they have had a chance to draw breath.Mans lost it for me.

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
Watching other games this weekend.It shows how other managers have used their subs to great effect.Neil always seems to wait till the crow strikes 60 mins before hell make any change.Then lets through cold players on with 5 mins to go and let them get castigated for missing chances before they have had a chance to draw breath.Mans lost it for me.
He‘s certainly not utilised the subs properly since we’ve come back.