PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Cardiff City - Championship - 27/06/20 - KO:12:30 pm

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
index.php

1880badge.png
1200px-Cardiff_City_crest.svg.png
Preston North End v Cardiff City
Saturday 27th June 2020 , Kick Off 12:30PM - Championship (Sky Sports Football)
Match Preview: From The Finney -
An independent, fan-run website on Preston North End

Last edited:
Big match, this. A bad result and we could drop some way out of the top six after this round of matches with the chasing pack closing in. A win could create a bit of daylight.
Big performance needed.
COYMW.

Huge week. 6 points needed
7 points from the first 3 games since coming back will be a huge confidence booster for both team and fans.

Thing is we know they're good enough to do it on their day.

7 points from the first 3 games since coming back will be a huge confidence booster for both team and fans.

Thing is we know they're good enough to do it on their day.

Yeah 4 points this week wouldn’t have been the end of the world if we’d seen out the Luton game. Now under pressure and although I do think we are good enough I just haven’t seen much of a spark for some time

I’m such a positive thinker usually, but I just cannot see us getting 3 points today or next week. It’s sad to say, on our day we are good enough, unfortunately we left those days behind months ago...

Big game today , win and we cement our 6th place position but if we lose and the results go badly for us, then we could be down to 10th or 11th

No excuses today.
“We did enough to win the game, unfortunately Cardiff took their chances & won 0-4”
“We move on to the next game, it’s a quick turnaround & we’ll go in with plenty of confidence to put it right”
“We have 7 cup finals from now til the end of the season”

Today we need a big 3points and to do this we have to up the tempo.
Play with some pace and try to do everything a lot quicker!
We have not played our game for a while and AN needs to go for it in a different style.
I keep posting about playing 2 strikers, but does he only know 1 style??
He doesn’t need to play 2 holding mid fielders at home, let us attack from the off, use the pace of Sinclair and Barky, get Harrop in, he also seems to play with pace and get Fisher back, pushing up the right wing.
We are running out of games and teams are closing in on us, the play offs could quickly change to a mid table finish and this would look bad considering the start we had!
Two wins would change the picture, it would give us more confidence and make us believe in ourselves again.
Come on AN, let us attack, get rid of the slow passing approach, give the players the freedom to get forward and let us go out with some fast attacking play!!
This great chance may not come again, let us make the most of these last games!!

For me the season hinges on today even though there will still be 21 points to play for.
Win and we are still in the race for playoffs, lose and imo it's all over as in addition to Cardiff other clubs will overtake us today and the pre break slump has continued.Our end of season form under AN isn't great.
AN MUST get both team and tactics right and kick start our run in.

Not confident today. I always feel Harris has the tactical upper hand on Neil.

Really? Im not that confident either but Harris getting the tactical upper hand? We did the double over Millwall last season And we completely outplayed Cardiff at their place.

For me the season hinges on today even though there will still be 21 points to play for.
Win and we are still in the race for playoffs, lose and imo it's all over as in addition to Cardiff other clubs will overtake us today and the pre break slump has continued.Our end of season form under AN isn't great.
Aye, we're in danger of becoming the next Leeds with our end of season slumps.

I said pretty much the same in Post #8 Suffolk.....