PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Coventry - 29/12/20 - 19:45 - Championship

Johnstone
Wright
Clarke
Hunts
Small forest
Gally
DJ
Kilkenny
Garner
Beckford
Humphrey

I know Browne came on for Gally, Kevin Davies came on for Garner I think and Laird might have come on for Small forest?
2 subs wrong: Davies on for Beckford (injured) and Laird on for DJ (only time Laird played centre mid for us)

Johnstone
Wright
Clarke
Hunts
Small forest
Gally
DJ
Kilkenny
Garner
Beckford
Humphrey

I know Browne came on for Gally, Kevin Davies came on for Garner I think and Laird might have come on for Small forest?
Excellent effort. One starting player wrong, I think

Perhaps Earl is being given a chance to play the holding midfielder?

Is it just AN that deems it necessary to keep changing the team to match others?

Rudd
Fisher, Huntington, Davies, Hughes and Earl.
Barkhuizen, Browne, Gallagher and Johnson.

Maguire.
no - if he had Sinclair available he wouldnt change

Assuming it is 3-5-2, why are we, as the home team, matching up to Coventry's formation? Surely, let them worry about us?
He has wanted to play 352 quite a lot this season. Earl's performances the last few games are allowing it

Earl came through as a left sided attacker and Fisher is supposedly the 2nd best crosser / assist maker so its an attacking lineup.....

maguire coming off their CB's; Barky going beyond them..... goal kicks etc aimed out left to Josh.

Reactions: SF
Quiz question- no Googling. Name the players to feature in our SWINDON play-off final - including subs - and the players they replaced.
From memory:

Johnston
Clarke-Hunts-Wright-Small forest
Gally-Kilkenny-Welsh-Johnson
Garner-Becks

Laird for Small forest
Davis for Becks
Browne for Welsh

He has wanted to play 352 quite a lot this season. Earl's performances the last few games are allowing it

Well, this is almost it...

Rudd
Huntington, Davies, Hughes
Fisher, Gallagher, Browne, Earl
Johnson
Barkhuizen, Maguire.​

Yes. Bonus point available: Fastest-finger-first:-

Why did Scott Sinclair get a mention in the commentary?
Because, whilst in his Wembley hotel room, the commentator had cracked one off the night before over Sinclair's missus and he didn't mind sharing the info with the Great British public.

"Despite a grand history they're a non entity of a club these days with delusions of being otherwise."

Just read this on the Coventry forum... bit of a weird comment i think we are probably one of the most realistic fanbases out there. Maybe he got us mixed up with blackburn fans?

Well I haven’t a clue what is likely to happen this evening, obviously I’m hoping and expecting a win, but it’s such a bloody strange season that I’m sort of prepared for anything.

I expect Coventry to be extremely hard working, and we will have to match them physically, but in terms of creative play we could produce nothing or be amazing.....

Coventry always seem to produce good young players so I’m ready for surprise packages, unfortunately.

Spot the Goalkeeper (trick question)....

medium

"Despite a grand history they're a non entity of a club these days with delusions of being otherwise."

Just read this on the Coventry forum... bit of a weird comment i think we are probably one of the most realistic fanbases out there. Maybe he got us mixed up with blackburn fans?
We'll I suppose he at least mentioned our history.
There are bellend fans at many clubs in our division whom I'm convinced don't even know about our history!

Quiz question- no Googling. Name the players to feature in our SWINDON play-off final - including subs - and the players they replaced.
not read others comments.... but
Johnstone
Clarke; Hunts; Wright; Small forest
Killkenny; Welsh; Gally; Dj
Garner; Beckford.

Browne for Gally
Laird for Small forest
Davis for Beckford.