PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Coventry City - 20/10/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

He didn’t score true. Hardly had a sniff near goal..but…..he did at least three lung bursting ‘closing down runs’ we’re he went from one of their players to another putting pressure on the ball. (I counted one in which he sprinted between four of their players, one to the other, to try to force an error or get the ball back) not much to the usual fan but to his team mates his runs showed that to win it it you have to work hard. Those runs were three more than quite few of his team mates.
That’s what I said…he ran around a lot.

Possibly without Gyorkes (don’t know how to spell it), then Coventry are just an ordinary team. I know he started last night but he was carrying an ankle injury and wasn’t at his best before he was subbed.

It’s his goals that have been the difference, so thanks Rovers for taking him out for us.

Frankie’s record P24 W11 D8 L5
That pretty damn good for a rookie manager in his first job at any level, but in the Championship it’s outstanding, but some of the performances have been poor, but have you seen some of the expensive squads in the Premiership that have poor days, also I see so much said about how TJH didn’t spend enough, prior to FFP he should have backed Simmo and the poison dwarf, and didn’t, but nowadays they are actually limited to how much they can spend by turnover and we have a shitload of empty seats

Good post and FMc pointed that out.

Get McCann back and a couple of additions when the time is right and were firing.

That’s what I said…he ran around a lot.
What we've seen in the last 2 games from Sinclair is the very definition of defending from the front.

Pressing the backline and forcing errors. And it's a funny thing - half the time he may have been nowhere near the defender and yet just his shadow zipping around was enough for them to slice a ball out of play.

But it injects energy into the team, and it gets the crowd going.

What we've seen in the last 2 games from Sinclair is the very definition of defending from the front.

Pressing the backline and forcing errors. And it's a funny thing - half the time he may have been nowhere near the defender and yet just his shadow zipping around was enough for them to slice a ball out of play.

But it injects energy into the team, and it gets the crowd going.
My point exactly..also brakhuizen had the break through on goal , and checked back, when if it had been Sinclair I’d have laid odds he would have scored ..

Possibly without Gyorkes (don’t know how to spell it), then Coventry are just an ordinary team. I know he started last night but he was carrying an ankle injury and wasn’t at his best before he was subbed.

It’s his goals that have been the difference, so thanks Rovers for taking him out for us.
A shame we didn’t sign him as we were certainly interested in getting him on loan at the beginning of last season.

Can I say we got the old Browne back tonight too.

It shows how far his performances have dropped that last night was deemed to be a good performance by him.

However far better in the 2nd half when he and DJ spaced out far more and good to see him arriving late in the box to get his head on a cross which is what he regularly did in his early years here.

Bullshit! The fact that only 6 teams in the league that have conceded less than us suggests that our defence is not the problem.

Hold on,

Bournemouth
Derby
WBA
Boro
Fulham
Stoke
Huddersfield
Millwall
Swansea

have all conceded less?

Only 6 teams have scored less than us...

I doubt leaving Sinclair on halfway tonight would hurt us defensively. He's not exactly much use in our own box.

There are other roles to play at a corner though. DJ is often used to cut off the short corner etc.

Having Sinclair 30 yards from goal is probably a better tactic because if it drops to him around there he should be able to carry it towards the half way line.

There's no point him being stood 50 yards from goal expecting a headed clearance to reach him.

Nah they’re a very decent side. Hamer, O’Hare, Kelly are all very good players. They were missing Matt Godden last night too.

Nah they’re a very decent side. Hamer, O’Hare, Kelly are all very good players. They were missing Matt Godden last night too.

Lots of good players in this league, we have a few.

The difference as we all know is finding a regular goal scorer, the one everyone is looking for.

Hold on,

Bournemouth
Derby
WBA
Boro
Fulham
Stoke
Huddersfield
Millwall
Swansea

have all conceded less?

Only 6 teams have scored less than us...
I know, I had a quick glance down the table and missed a couple. 🤗
My point is still the same though.

I thought he was bad on Saturday but he was even worse last night.

As I pointed out earlier FM was having a paternal chat with Johnson after the match finished. For whatever reason Johnson was off the pace last night. If McCann is fit for the week-end there has to be a case for pushing Browne into that more forward role and partnering Whiteman and McCann slightly deeper.

As I pointed out earlier FM was having a paternal chat with Johnson after the match finished. For whatever reason Johnson was off the pace last night. If McCann is fit for the week-end there has to be a case for pushing Browne into that more forward role and partnering Whiteman and McCann slightly deeper.
Dare I suggest you are reading a bit too much into something that happened far, far away from your earshot.

"Paternal"!