Match Day - PNE v Derby County - 16/10/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Bren27

Manager
I don’t believe the players have an ounce of confidence in the manager or his make it up as we go along tactics, like someone else said on here I hope Barky doesn’t face the naughty step for being honest, the lads a decent player as are a lot of the squad but they just seem like a ship set adrift without a rudder right now.

Kathryn

Advisor to the Owner
I don’t believe the players have an ounce of confidence in the manager or his make it up as we go along tactics, like someone else said on here I hope Barky doesn’t face the naughty step for being honest, the lads a decent player as are a lot of the squad but they just seem like a ship set adrift without a rudder right now.
I don’t think they respect him as a boss either. They refer to him as Frankie.

Bren27

Manager
I don’t think they respect him as a boss either. They refer to him as Frankie.
Let’s face it the manager was a quick cheap option with no football pedigree so why should the players trust him ? After reading TB’s press conference it looks like he has had enough, personally I’d be gutted if we lose him .

Bren27

Manager
Hand on heart does anyone really think FM is going to lead us to anything other than mediocrity, if you do then just leave your address and I will arrange for the men in white coats to come and lead you gently to La La land and a safe secure compound for delusional supporters. !!

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Hand on heart does anyone really think FM is going to lead us to anything other than mediocrity, if you do then just leave your address and I will arrange for the men in white coats to come and lead you gently to La La land and a safe secure compound for delusional supporters. !!
We had trouble reaching mediocrity on Saturday. Very worrying.
Leicester will be delighted at the amount of practice Iversen is getting.

Kingsbridge

Youth Team
Went to the game on Saturday. It was absolute dross, the first half in particular.
What on earth does the club do in training all week?
Is it me or do you think the players (and other teams in general) are completely over coached to the point that their heads are so filled with tactics, postional play, endless formationss, possession stats, oppostion stats, zonal marking etc etc that they've actually forgotten how to play any form of free flowing risk taking football. All I saw was endless sideways, backwards possession based football and not a single shot, one on one dribble etc in that first 45.
Not sure we have a single player who is capable of any degree of "flair or individuality"
What do other think?

HunterLionheart

Forum Patron
Patron
I don't think Frankie is even capable of 'overcoaching'

AN, maybe, he seemed to lose faith in their abilities as the team got asset stripped. But Frankie? Nah.

Hoz '

Advisor to Hemmings
Patron
Went to the game on Saturday. It was absolute dross, the first half in particular.
What on earth does the club do in training all week?
Is it me or do you think the players (and other teams in general) are completely over coached to the point that their heads are so filled with tactics, postional play, endless formationss, possession stats, oppostion stats, zonal marking etc etc that they've actually forgotten how to play any form of free flowing risk taking football. All I saw was endless sideways, backwards possession based football and not a single shot, one on one dribble etc in that first 45.
Not sure we have a single player who is capable of any degree of "flair or individuality"
What do other think?
We have players but

A - they are not picked
B - when picked, they are restricted

I hope that answers some of your fears/concerns

Kingsbridge

Youth Team
We have players but

A - they are not picked
B - when picked, they are restricted

I hope that answers some of your fears/concerns
Thanks - good replies. Certainly not a regular on deepdale, but went to pay respects. What I saw was just mind numbingly dull. Slow, ponderous, left to right, just nothing stuff almost like the players were playing with an built fear of losing their postion or how they'd been briefed, and the avoidance of conceding a priority that overrode any attacking intent. It may be ultimately the calibre of players we have, but boy it was dull.

Hoz '

Advisor to Hemmings
Patron
Thanks - good replies. Certainly not a regular on deepdale, but went to pay respects. What I saw was just mind numbingly dull. Slow, ponderous, left to right, just nothing stuff almost like the players were playing with an built fear of losing their postion or how they'd been briefed, and the avoidance of conceding a priority that overrode any attacking intent. It may be ultimately the calibre of players we have, but boy it was dull.
Your welcome - I hope you can come more regularly and hopefully see better days 😊

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Too many games have been that way in the last couple of years.
Standard declined significantly in December 2019 and has not generally picked up.
Quality of the squad has declined but the tactics are too negative.