PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Derby County - 16/10/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Never gonna happen but King Billy sigh.
Can't imagine a King Billy team turning in a shocker of a performance like that.
Say what you like about Billy, his teams were always imaginative, highly motivated and tactically he was as sharp as a tack.
Yesterday was inept and embarrassing - we looked a yard short of fitness too.
I really hope Frankie can light the fire again, but this could be a defining week, especially if if the unthinkable happens next Saturday.
We desperately need a win against Coventry - but play like we did against Derby then it will be certain defeat at Bloomfield Road.

Can't imagine a King Billy team turning in a shocker of a performance like that.
Say what you like about Billy, his teams were always imaginative, highly motivated and tactically he was as sharp as a tack.
I really hope Frankie can light the fire again, but this could be a defining week, especially if if the unthinkable happens next Saturday.
We desperately need a win against Coventry - but play like we did against Derby then it will be certain defeat at Bloomfield Road.
I take it you forgot Leeds at home in the play offs

More like my school report as provided by Miss Little at Blessed John Southworth 1966.. ‘A thoroughly lazy boy when he bothered to turn up’ teachers told the truth in those days .seems like the PNE players could do with a bit of truth in their reports.. (p.s I went on to be an award winning teacher)
Made me laugh that ! Me an all.

I didn’t have anything to smile about during the game, but as I was trudging my way to the exit at the end of the game, I afforded myself a little smile as we we all left to Ed Sheeran singing bad habits! Very fitting.

I thought Alan Kelly summed up the match perfectly on Radio Lancashire. We were the home team but you would not have thought it until the latter stages.
More ambition and self belief definitely needed.
I read with some amusement today {Sunday], reports that Rooney was furious with the ref for not awarding a couple of penalties......... He must realise that penalties are only given for non existent fouls and accidental handball when attempting to get out of the way, to so called elite premier league teams at home. This league is the real nitty gritty and for the he needs to get his head out of the clouds where cuckoos live.

Make the change now, why wait??

It’s just the same every week and nothing is going to change whilst FM is in charge, he is more Glossop North End than Preston North End ! No tactics no idea no hope, I bet those extra 6000 fans won’t be rushing back anytime soon, what a totally crap embarrassing inept display ☹️

I honestly hope Ledson gets booked on Wednesday so he can’t play against Blackpool.

He wasn’t the only one from the starting midfield who did nothing yesterday, why Whiteman wasn’t playing from th star is beyond belief.

He wasn’t the only one from the starting midfield who did nothing yesterday, why Whiteman wasn’t playing from th star is beyond belief.
Agreed but he’s been shite for ages imo, never been a fan. I thought Browne was the best of the 3 yesterday but that by no means indicates that Browne was good.

I thought Browne was the best of the 3 yesterday but that by no means indicates that Browne was good.

Browne was intermittently effective when he got forward. So was Johnson. Neither was consistently atrocious but neither imposed themself in the way players of their experience should do. We badly needed a 'Gregan' yesterday - Whiteman is just about the closest approximation we have.

I didn’t have anything to smile about during the game, but as I was trudging my way to the exit at the end of the game, I afforded myself a little smile as we we all left to Ed Sheeran singing bad habits! Very fitting.
Not as good as the ironic "Thats entertainment " !!!!!!!!!

I notice the “he can’t even get a start for Bournemouth” brigade have gone very quiet since he came back from injury and became a guaranteed starter for top of the league

He’s also been suspended for 5 yellows. Some things never change
Much preferable to Ledson mincing around tackling no one because he doesn't want a 5th yellow.

I notice the “he can’t even get a start for Bournemouth” brigade have gone very quiet since he came back from injury and became a guaranteed starter for top of the league

He’s also been suspended for 5 yellows. Some things never change
Seems like we'll be seeing Pearo in the Prem next season.