PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Derby County - 16/10/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

After watching another dire draw surely it is time for a change from FM.
A change in system is needed, the players at his disposal should mean he can change it.
I could not understand his replacing of Whiteman for yesterdays game, he has been consistent and looked comfortable in his role, good passer, good at set pieces and has come up with important goals.
Also, I have come to a conclusion that Johnson and Browne do not hit it off together!
They both looked slow and very slow closing down, Ledson could be given a rest for McCann, if fit.
The change I would make is go to a back 4 and play either 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 whichever!
That is how we finished yesterday and looked much more dangerous, let us take the game to the opposition, play from the full backs and attack down the flanks i.e Sepp and Sinclair, Earl and Murphy!
Striker either Riis or Maguire, midfield still a 3, Whiteman, McCann and Johnson.
Things need to change after yesterdays performance, we are again at home, we need 3pts, so come on Frankie, give us a change and let us go for it v Coventry!
Goals win matches!!!

I know he will, it’s just frustrating watching him sometimes.
When he took a throw in the second half he found himself with the ball out wide and passed it like my daughter towards whiteman (I think)

The fact he's fucking there taking throws and being out wide isn't his fault, but I understand your frustration but this is one of the best bits about being a nobber cause we get the chance to watch someone like riis become a best and start slotting them 1 on 1s with complete ease, the bit after (club managing the player and extracting maximum value out of the inevitable sale) is shite.

It was difficult to work out how good Derby were and how lacking North End were. Derby were well drilled in midfield and their experienced central defenders made light work of Bark and Riis. In attack, North End's forwards were guilty of poor ball control at key moments which yielded possession easily and allowed Derby to knock it about for long periods.
The team look disjointed and, I'm afraid to say, unwilling to take the game by the scruff of the neck. They were chasing the game in the first half. For me, it looked like they had been given team orders and were being forced to stick to them.
It isn't a good look when McEvoy spends half an hour almost on the touchline, pointing, shouting and waving at the players almost constantly.
Let them play, they're professional footballers after all, at least for 45 minutes and work it out for themselves. I don't think players like being micromanaged and I think the fiddling about from the touchline disrupted the team.
Whatever, its a tough league, and with squad reinforcement consisting of last chance saloon crocks and unproven youth, North End do not have the pick of the league's best talent.
Not that North End is in a position to do much about it, given the wide gulf of financial clout in the division. Alas, it may be worthwhile the fans setting 15th position as a successful season, as aiming any higher would set you up for a long season of weekly disappointment. Parachute payments reward failure. That doesn't sit right with me.

For the colour blind, the shirts were hardly distinguishable, which made for a strange watch, with all 20 outfielders looking like they were on the same team.

Hope he doesn't get another spell on the naughty step, he's probs miles off being 100% but we desperately need him when he his

Tom barkhuizen 👍🏻

So why didn’t Frankie or the players change things 😰
That was half of the problem in Saturday, the " plan" seemed to change so many times I'm not sure the players knew what was happening.
Barky tells it like it is. Just honest,no bullshit.
( The conspiracy theorists will be out soon)

Love Barkys honesty. Makes a refreshing change from Frankie skirting around the problem

DJ said something similar to Lancs Live: "We took our time to figure out their structure. Once we got to grips with it we got up the field more - we all knew we hadn't got started (at half-time)."

I guess Frankie's match prep doesn't cover, yunno, how the opposition might play.

Then it took them 70 minutes to "get to grips with it".

DJ said something similar to Lancs Live: "We took our time to figure out their structure. Once we got to grips with it we got up the field more - we all knew we hadn't got started (at half-time)."

I guess Frankie's match prep doesn't cover, yunno, how the opposition might play.

Then it took them 70 minutes to "get to grips with it".
The opposition are always excellent so that’s all the prep we need

Tom B is yet again honest with his assessment but notice another player referring to FMc as “Frankie “ not gaffer or boss ?
Does it matter ? Do they still see him as coach (suppose that is his title )
Maybe it’s no longer the norm these days ?