PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Hull City - 07/08/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

I think one of the most disturbing things about Saturday was that Frankie did the exact same thing he did against Brentford. Changed the shape to chase the game and we ended up getting hammered. For it to happen once against a Premier League bound side you can kind of shrug your shoulders and say he learned from it. But for it to happen again against a newly promoted side is so worrying.

I know our home record under Alex Neil in his final 12 months or so in the job ended up being very poor, but under him or Simon Grayson, during their long spells in charge getting absolutely battered at Deepdale was a pretty rare thing. We’ve had 5 home games under Frankie and had 2 tonkings already.

And how quickly he did it... Swap VDB for Riis and give it 10-15 mins. It was 1-1 but they'd been the better side but give it chance to see if trying to shut down that right side had worked. I just didn't see the point in bringing Potts on when he did as it left us with only 1 sub for the rest of the game. Particular to change to a formation he has already said doesn't suit us. All a bit odd.

That little speech; good as it was imho, could well see Tom B potted in this window.

The owner and PR won't stand for that.

The owner and PR will have seen the full interview as it was put out by PNE.

Some tosser did Barky no favours by editing that interview so that what he said was taken out of context.

We didn’t stay up because of those games, we already had enough points to be safe even if we’d lost all of those

We were completely outclassed by Norwich, and Swansea and Barnsley were both guaranteed play off places when we played them so they were also dead rubbers
Did PNE not care when they got in the play off places, would the fans not care whether they won or not, I don’t think so!
These teams were playing to win and PNE picked up the points, which made it a good end to the season, after all the tension, trauma and worry during the season.
I hope we have more ‘dead rubbers’ at the end of this season!
What a way to think!

Part of the problem to me is our midfield and defence are generally reactive where Pearson was proactive.
Not enough nouse and football knowledge being applied. When you are being reactive,it has already happened or is happening. When you are proactive you are ahead of the game and have a reasonable chance of stopping it happen.
I pointed this fact out while Pearson was here and knew we would definitely miss him , but some others thought he wasn’t that good yes he’s gone I know that but god we are missing him and Davis .

We’ll know after 10 games where we are. We’ve not been good enough for 18 months. It’s stale inside and outside the club.
which is why frankie having a run of wins at the end of last season may not have been helpful.... always want pne to win, but it has paved the way PR and TH to go for the cheap, but stale option, which maintains the Status Quo of going deeper and down!

Did PNE not care when they got in the play off places, would the fans not care whether they won or not, I don’t think so!
These teams were playing to win and PNE picked up the points, which made it a good end to the season, after all the tension, trauma and worry during the season.
I hope we have more ‘dead rubbers’ at the end of this season!
What a way to think!

If we have dead rubbers, I hope it because we're safe and not because we're already relegated...

The bloke is on the best part of £20k a week. That is £1,000,000 a year. Read that again and consider that against what you, your mates, family earn. He is captain of our club. Anyone with a brain cell knows that anything that you put on social media has the risk of getting out in the public domain. As such he should have the intelligence to not post anything. The fact that he did shows to me that “he does not get it” ie you should not have to be told, you should understand the impact it will have on the fans. He is not good enough to be our captain but it is not his fault he is but by being it carries responsibility. His interview on radio lancs yesterday is what you would expect ie towed the party line but i expect that based on his tone/delivery he is not going to stand up in the dressing room at half time and deliver a bollocking/motivational “speech” to the team. We should have got shut of him in the transfer window and used his wages towards a forward. Maybe a tough decision but dj is a better player in his position and our cash/limited resources needs to be in buying a forward. I fear for this season. This is not just down to our captain but a host of issues in the club.
Remember though, that when Rangers were in for him, we had to give him the same as Browne (more or less) or he would have quite happily up & left, he's also been shite for eons now, give some youngsters a chance, cos our big earners don't give a flying fuck about our club, or seem not to. Fuck, I wish we could go back to the Baxi days, Gregan would of give all the team a Category A Chinese burn after that shite show.

which is why frankie having a run of wins at the end of last season may not have been helpful.... always want pne to win, but it has paved the way PR and TH to go for the cheap, but stale option, which maintains the Status Quo of going deeper and down!
Spot on buddy, you've hit the nail right on the fooking head, if we'd have lost five out of the eight, we might now have a manager who knows his onions, I like Frankie, but I think this will be beyond him, I hope not, that's just my own opinion. A manager in the mould of Colin Wanker is what we need, but Hemmings wouldn't possibly allow someone like that, they might demand money. I'm getting fucking sick of it, 55 years of living & breathing North End & we are still trying to pick the lock to the top tier on the fucking cheap. 👍