PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Liverpool - 27/10/21 - KO:19:45 - League Cup 4th Round

That's Plan 'A'...

"If you see an outlet using a long ball, play it. If you don't, play it anyway."
Plan B is to play long balls, but play them diagonally instead of straight

Plan C is to play long balls but try and play them higher

Plan D is to pass it quickly between the centre backs before playing the long ball

Plan E is to take an extra touch then play the long ball

Plan D is to pass it quickly between the centre backs before playing the long ball

Indeed. I didn't like McAvoy's decision to play for a point in the second half 😉

Dear Frankie, "Please instruct Riis to stop taking 'long throws'. Thank you!

That throwing last night that the goalkeeper just came and collected was embarrassing. Schoolboy stuff.

I would rather Riis was in the middle. But I guess he took 4 throws last night and only 1 was as you describe. The others didn’t work out but were good enough to take some decent defending.

As the defender on the line got hit in the face, he clearly wasn't really in control of the situation. The ball could just as easily hit him on the arm... and must have been within a fraction of doing so.

If it had, then even even though I would argue that he was involuntarily protecting his face, I am pretty sure it would have been a penalty and a red card. Another fine margin.

View attachment 5066
Unscientific, I know, but this was so unlucky. If any team needs a bit of luck it's us, do we get it, no we don't.

You missed plan F pass back to the keeper and let him hoof it forward.

I would rather Riis was in the middle. But I guess he took 4 throws last night and only 1 was as you describe. The others didn’t work out but were good enough to take some decent defending.
The main problem is that nobody upfront ie, our so called strikers are much of a threat if any in the air including Rills , so only on throw ins and corners is there any threat at all when some of the defenders are up .
Our recruitment has been awful in bringing the type of players we need how many number 10’s have we and midfielders but we are desperately short in other positions, . We eventually tried to address that in a couple of areas in the summer but mostly brought in cheap options or crocks so have ended up with virtually the same squad with players that aren’t good enough.

Looking forward to this. Yes form is not good and there is a real disconnect between fans and the club but these games don’t happen too often. There has been enough talk about the players not caring but if that is the case then should us supporters simply give up too or should we rise to the occasion and get behind the team from start to finish to show what real passion looks like. We have a full house, let’s give it a real go and see what happens. I can remember getting excited about a Sherpa Van tie at Hartlepool in the pissing down rain and could only dream of a tie against Liverpool. So do we wallow in self pity or dust ourselves down and show what a proud club we can be.
One of my favourite away days as a youngster pubs open in Barnard Castle ( when pubs weren’t open all day) and wasn’t it the day skilfull Bob scored from way out

One of my favourite away days as a youngster pubs open in Barnard Castle ( when pubs weren’t open all day) and wasn’t it the day skilfull Bob scored from way out
It was, he and Brazil scored that night. Chucked it down all day and all through the match, the pitch was ankle deep in mud.

It was, he and Brazil scored that night. Chucked it down all day and all through the match, the pitch was ankle deep in mud.
Great night. Remember rolling up just before kick off. Couldn't believe how many nobbers were packed in that open away end. It was a proper party atmosphere. One lass even got her knockers out-not sure why. None of these things happen anymore-sadly.

Great night. Remember rolling up just before kick off. Couldn't believe how many nobbers were packed in that open away end. It was a proper party atmosphere. One lass even got her knockers out-not sure why. None of these things happen anymore-sadly.
Strangely enough I remember that as well!

McCann’s performance was IMO, very very encouraging.

Agree about DJ’s inconsistency- he looked really good in his short appearance last night.

Rafferty was another to really impress me, given that he’s a back-up player with little game time this season.
I don’t understand the stick rafferty gets sometimes. He’s better at left back than Hughes although right footed and with a right back in that position along with Greg we looked better IMO. Earl has come on this season but when he came on he constantly checked back. I don’t know if it’s confidence or lack of bodies to cross too.

Round pegs round holes for me.

Yes the knockers out I don’t know how I forgot that and it was freezing and wet

On the pitch we didn’t have high expectations back then so anything was a bonus

It’s done it’s gone, if it was going bad for Liverpool Herr Klopp would have thrown on the cavalry, we were not going to win 🤫

Yes the knockers out I don’t know how I forgot that and it was freezing and wet

On the pitch we didn’t have high expectations back then so anything was a bonus
Always good to have the knockers, we should know on this forum 😂