PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Millwall - 28/10/20 - KO:19:00 - Championship

Because he was playing off the right with Potts on the left. A very strange decision given Scott prefers to cut in on his right

We did it against QPR because it was best to have Sinclair running at Wallace, but I don’t understand the logic of sticking with that

I would have expected better than the two balls he put into the box which 1. wasn't a bad defensive clearance and 2. went out of play for a throw in on the left. A very disappointing and frustrating afternoon. We move on (y).

Reactions: OB1
I've been mulling over last night's game and why we are suffering at home as much as we are, although I'm sure most people would like to know the answer to that one, I like many others have a viewpoint. During the period after Hugill left, so many were calling for a new striker along with me and for Hemmings to get his hand in his pocket, believing that this might also restore some confidence. At this time I also said that we haven't ever replaced Gregan as a driving force in the team. I fully believe that still to be the case. Who of all our players is a worthy captain, one who will drive this team on? we just don't have anybody of that ilk.
With this in mind I also believe that a team needs support and encouragement and sadly along with many of you feel that they are not getting this encouragement, and have seen on numerous occasions that many players have experienced the wrath of AN when something just wasn't right or a goal went against us. AN has had to wait long periods for Hemmings to support him financially in the market, and this shows, he has tried on many occasions to embarrass the club/owner by his suggestive remarks re needing replacements etc. This tells me that AN is not in a good place with either PR or TH or both.
I am not convinced that AN is a good man manager and wonder if players are afraid of doing the wrong thing during the games. It's too obvious that the tactics are always the same, so unable to improvise or use initiative. No doubt someone will say that AN has the team away from home and they perform well, and we can all speculate and maybe be a million miles off. I for one would pay the 4 players more money and grab them on longer contracts, I think that would restore some confidence, or do we need an old head? "Greganesque"
There are dozens of views on this and I stand to be corrected, but unless he (AN) changes his approach or opens up in a manner which will allow him to acquire some answers he is going to fail. If he continues in this way he will be gone by Christmas and with a pocket full of cash.