PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Norwich City - 02/04/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

After watching Potts celebrate. If he was as quick on the field as he was when he celebrated he’d be a good un.

A Brentford player who I think was called Paul Evans once did exactly that against us directly after we had equalised against them at Griffin Park.
Fortunately Paul Mckenna got a second equaliser for us to gain a point. Think it was in the 1999/2000 season when we won the third tier (or whatever it was called at the time) title.

Yes I remember it well - I was there right behind the goals where McKenna equalised. I think there is a video of it somewhere.

I once saw Willie Irvine score for us 12 seconds after the kick-off. Curiously that was against Norwich as well. They equalised three minutes later and went on to win 3-1. So I assume nothing until the final whistle has gone. I wish our iFollow commentators would stop saying things along the lines of 'that has got us a point' when there is still some time left - until the final whistle goes anything can happen. Admittedly it worked in our favour yesterday because after that Whiteman shot with a few seconds left was gathered by their keeper they did say something along the lines of 'That's it' but as we saw something else was the case.

I can assure you, it won’t.

Nothing is impossible with Preston North End - you should know that by now.

Yes I remember it well - I was there right behind the goals where McKenna equalised. I think there is a video of it somewhere.

I once saw Willie Irvine score for us 12 seconds after the kick-off. Curiously that was against Norwich as well. They equalised three minutes later and went on to win 3-1. So I assume nothing until the final whistle has gone. I wish our iFollow commentators would stop saying things along the lines of 'that has got us a point' when there is still some time left - until the final whistle goes anything can happen. Admittedly it worked in our favour yesterday because after that Whiteman shot with a few seconds left was gathered by their keeper they did say something along the lines of 'That's it' but as we saw something else was the case.

On the subject of commentators, I do wish he‘d stop referring to us as Preston all the time. It’s a service just for North End fans, just call us what we all call us in conversation - North End.

After watching Potts celebrate. If he was as quick on the field as he was when he celebrated he’d be a good un.
Of course it would be too much to hope for, that you would be chuffed with his goal and or celebration !!!
If that point robbed off the runaway best team in the division is the one that keeps us up, he will do for me! Potts has been as consistent as anyone in the squad and why his enthusiasm for scoring should be used as a stick to beat him is beyond me !!!

Of course it would be too much to hope for, that you would be chuffed with his goal and or celebration !!!
If that point robbed off the runaway best team in the division is the one that keeps us up, he will do for me! Potts has been as consistent as anyone in the squad and why his enthusiasm for scoring should be used as a stick to beat him is beyond me !!!
I don’t understand why people single out Potts for criticism .... from what I’ve seen , his efforts are no worse than Sinclair, Barky, Maguire, Riis etc

I was at that Norwich home game as well. Probably around 1968 though I may be a year or two out.

Let’s just see if the enthusiasm is show on the pitch tomorrow. We have had too many false dawns this year about pushing on after a good result. It’s not just Potts it’s most of the players.

I was at that Norwich home game as well. Probably around 1968 though I may be a year or two out.

I believe that was the year. I can still remember every touch from the time Irvine kicked off to the time he slammed the ball into the net at the Kop End and wheeled away towards the West Stand in triumph.

I believe that was the year. I can still remember every touch from the time Irvine kicked off to the time he slammed the ball into the net at the Kop End and wheeled away towards the West Stand in triumph.
My view of it was from the Town End. As fast a goal as I've ever been present for.