PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Nottm' Forest - 11/07/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
index.php

1880badge.png
forest-badge.jpg
Nottingham Forest v Preston North End
Saturday July 11th 2020 , Kick Off 3PM
Championship
Match Preview: -

No point trying to second guess AN’s team selection but whoever gets a shirt today, starting or sub, 100% is the minimum requirement.
We’ve been gifted another opportunity to get back to 6th, a position our early season form deserved at the very least. The task ahead is clear: win games; bag 3 points.
What other teams do we can then potentially influence by putting pressure on them.
Each game remaining can be a stepping stone on the road to that precious 6th place. COYW!!!!!

Morning everyone, I’m up early again nervous as hell about the game.
Too hard to predict the side but hoping that this is our winning ‘batch‘ and whoever starts or comes on does it to maximum effect.
Our finishing was clinical against Sheff Wednesday and we need it again today if It’s a tight game.

I predict the sun will shine and three points will be ours.
Have a good day all.
COYW.

Big decisions for Alex to make today. I hope he doesn’t overthink it. I’d like to see him take a similar approach to Wednesday with formation and selection. We should play to our strengths and dictate the game rather than worrying too much about how the opposition will set up.

Getting the confidence and momentum back are most important at the moment.

For some reason, I genuinely believe we'll win this one comfortably by a couple of goals.
Anything at all at Brentford will be a bonus but we're more than capable of positive results against Brum and Bristol who hopefully will have nothing to play for last game of the season.

The poof will most certainly be in the pudding today. We'll learn a lot about AN as soon as that team sheet drops.

Preston NE v Notts For

LS - Charlton 0-1 Reading
LS - Derby 0-1 Brentford

*Charlton 0-1 Reading - Charlton Off disallowed
*Derby 1-1 Brentford

It's and buts....
If Brentford don't win and Leeds and WBA do they can't catch them.
Nailed in the playoffs, the might just rest players against us....

maths isn't my strong point......
3 points for us today brings the possibilities though.
3 points today puts us 6th on Goal Difference with Swansea having to play Leeds tomorrow.

GOAL - Derby 1-2 Brentford*

Howler by the Derby Keeper, right under his body when he had it in his hands on the floor. it squirmed out and rolled in. Yikes

Last edited:
3 points today puts us 6th on Goal Difference with Swansea having to play Leeds tomorrow.

GOAL - Brentford 2-1 Derby

Howler by the Derby Keeper, right under his body when he had it in his hands on the floor. it squirmed out and rolled in. Yikes
It looked like he went to parry it with 2 hands and it dipped at the last minute going under him.