PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Nottm' Forest - 11/07/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Potts starts in mid field ...surprising that Seani starts too as I thought Barkhuizen may have been a better option to attack a Forest who sit back and generally hit you on a break...first goal crucial on this one

Basically gotta win today because anything better than a defeat at Brentford will be a bonus. Best side in the division (apart from pne, of course).

Potts starts in mid field ...surprising that Seani starts too as I thought Barkhuizen may have been a better option to attack a Forest who sit back and generally hit you on a break...first goal crucial on this one

Barky coming on after 65 minutes could work well though.

The fact that they sit deep means Barky won't have the space to run into- Seani can at least use his skill to make a little.

It should be 4-4-2, because Sinclair and Stockley looked like they paired up well. But everywhere I looked its 4231, I really hope he's learnt from Midweek. Don't waste the pairing of Sinclair, Potts and Stockley.

First goal absolutely vital today. If they get it then it will be a long game for us. If we get it then it forces them out a bit and we can hit them on the break.

Preston NE v Notts For
DJ as captain? No arguements with it, but I would of Expected Davies, Rudd or Pearson.

Wouldn’t suprise me if we’ve matched their 4141

Rudd
Rafu Bauer Davies Hughes
Pearson
Sinclair Potts Johnson Maguire
Stockley

It should be 4-4-2, because Sinclair and Stockley looked like they paired up well. But everywhere I looked its 4231, I really hope he's learnt from Midweek. Don't waste the pairing of Sinclair, Potts and Stockley.

Really hoping we can exploit the combined talents of Sinclair and Stockley as we did mid-week.

COYW!

Preston NE v Notts For
EcpkwBkXkAACF5i

PNE Warming up, Target practice.

Again AN does not quite do what you expect. The good thing is that Stockley and Sinclair are starting and so is Johnson. My guess is that we will see plenty of balls up to Stockley for him to knock down with any of Sinclair, Potts and Maguire looking to latch on but also find Johnson looking to thread balls through for the forwards to run onto. The width is likely to come from Rafferty and Hughes since neither Sinclair not Potts is a winger. The key factor may well be how many balls Stockley can win but after Wednesday he is bound to be up for it in every sense.

Again AN does not quite do what you expect. The good thing is that Stockley and Sinclair are starting and so is Johnson. My guess is that we will see plenty of balls up to Stockley for him to knock down with any of Sinclair, Potts and Maguire looking to latch on but also find Johnson looking to thread balls through for the forwards to run onto. The width is likely to come from Rafferty and Hughes since neither Sinclair not Potts is a winger. The key factor may well be how many balls Stockley can win but after Wednesday he is bound to be up for it in every sense.

If Stockley plays 90 minutes of football with his back to their goal we'll struggle. He has to be facing their goal and driving towards it to be anywhere near effective.

Forest fans complaining about lack of pace in their back line. Please don’t leave stockley up top alone

Forest just camp on their own 18 yard box anyway. They could have a defence all with the pace of Luke Foster and it wouldn’t matter.

Reactions: OB1