PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Reading - 24/01/2021 - KO:12:30 - Championship

Solid but neither full backs offer anything going forward.
Forgot Sinclair was on the pitch..

If we persistently hoof it we should have kept Stockley, gave Big Kev a ring and see if Andy at Newcastle was free for an afternoon. Painful to watch sometimes.

We showed in the first 10 we can play it on the floor. Why have we gone anti football in the last 35?

Browne is offering a lot going forward. Ends up in the box when we attack down the left hand side. Probably slightly overcommitted for my money.

Defensively we have protected him very well, Ejaria has only taken him on once but did beat him and got a dangerous cross in. If the referee sees the handball it is a stonewall penalty, and he has given away a couple of very silly fouls on the edge of the box.

Id take Ledson off, just hasnt been in the game. Bring Fisher on and move Browne central, think we've got a good opportunity here today

Need to get Potts and Sinclair in the game more. Also get crosses in first time like Ledson did, too often we turn back inside and lose all momentum.

Good energy from midfield though, that half felt different than other home performances where we’ve been really flat.

Only 45 minutes but Rafferty's best performance of the season. Looks better on the left, seems like playing on his wrong side focuses him more and it helps that Davies is class and always gives him an easy option inside.

It’s nice to see us looking the more physically dominant team again. Still a bit crap in the final third, but looks like we have a foundation on which to add a decent wide player to liven things up.

Riis doing well with very little.

This would make a difference. Sinclair can't be faulted in terms of his finishing but his overall contribution is still lacking for me - he just isn't involved enough. Potts works hard and can do a job, but we need another wide player with some pace and craft.

Glad it’s not just me. They’ve been equally complimentary to both sides.

Why are people crying over, literally nothing?
Probably to wind you and @Henrys Cat up :)

In fairness there were times I thought i was listening to ifollow reading.

Its the nature of commentating, not something to lose any sleep about though.

What is bloody annoying, though, is the volume level ramps up massively when the adverts are on.

Interesting to hear that the contract of one of Reading's best players is up in the summer and he isn't signing a new contract.

So it's not just North End that this happens to, as you would think sometimes, reading this forum.

Interesting to hear that the contract of one of Reading's best players is up in the summer and he isn't signing a new contract.

So it's not just North End that this happens to, as you would think sometimes, reading this forum.

They don’t have another 3 & 4 if you include Fisher is the difference though.