PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Rotherham United- 05/02/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

I would agree Evans was the one positive, Whiteman looks a great addition. Neil has been here 4 years now and doesn't seem to be able to get any kind of consistency. It's become extremely demoralising being a North End fan!
I really wish someone would get hold of the club with real direction and ambition. The truth is we are just bumping along with Rotherham somewhere around bottom 8.
4 years and this year we have already lost more at home than any year under AN ,and bear in mind that we still have 9 home fixtures to cope with.

A poor team but tactically well managed , we have a decent team but tactically ???
We were punished for 2 stupid mistakes at the back at key times. We certainly have a weakened defence with recent injuries / departures.
Created chances but the finishing was poor.
Whiteman's free kick and Sinclairs disallowed goal for a very marginal off side on another day would have changed the game.
Need to keep creating chances and start to be more clinical.
On a few occasions such as at Brentford and Bournemouth we have managed to be.

I've got to confess that I'm really worried about our defence. For all the talk from PR about having done his homework, we clearly hadn't planned to lose DF and/or BD in this window. The two new CBs have major drawbacks: one being very young and lacking experience; the other not having played for 12 months and
Do I waste £10 to watch a load of dross? Strong drink may be needed, this is the most awful boring crap I have watched in a lot of years as a loyal supporter.
apparently being vulnerable to pace. Hunts and Storey to start today?
I am not wasting any more money until we get a new manager.

A poor team but tactically well managed , we have a decent team but tactically ???

Yes, they are very well managed. I was previously told by someone who used to play for him that Richie Barker, their assistant, was the best man manager he ever played for.

Although we defended poorly for the first goal, it wasn’t entirely by accident. They deliberately overloaded their left side as they kicked off, we just didn’t react and they had a spare player not picked up by anyone in our midfield.

I intentionally haven’t looked on here since yesterday’s game.

My view is I thought yesterday showed tremendous promise, fluke first minute own goal made it difficult, so many new faces together was also going to be problematic, but I think that was a far more positive showing.
We missed simple chances, should have won that, or at least drawn.

I hate losing but that wasn’t as painful as other losses at home where we have looked totally toothless.

And lost at home to Birmingham . Amazing how we have scored nearly 50% of our goals in 5 games ,all against teams in the top 7.
That's because rain or shine we set up to play on the counter.
Away to good sides who attack us plays to that strength, otherwise we're fooked........

So, after tonight’s results, it looks like we’ll be just 8 points above second from bottom.

We need to get some points and quick.