PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Rotherham United- 05/02/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

He would be getting battered by the crowd even if we should've won cos at the end of the day we haven't & our home form is inconsistent to say the least.
Probably- but today felt like we missed having a crowd in there - and maybe the result would have been different.

I know home results just before lockdown weren’t great and we question home tactics- but since we’ve had no crowds, it’s 10 losses from 18 games. It’s possible that our supporters normally do a better job than we give ourselves credit for!

I predicted the correct score which gives me no pleasure whatsoever.

PNE are just so predictable.

It's hardly surprising that away teams come to Deepdale and leave with all 3 points.

I'm not exactly impartial when it comes to AN but for heavens sake, it's painful to watch and I'm almost at the point where I feel sorry for him. Something I never thought I'd say !

Just seen the highlights..

How unlucky was Whiteman with his free kick?

Would be interesting to see if VAR would have had Scotty offside, it looked extremely tight.

Just goes to show his quality regardless, he got one chance and buried it.

He’s our only attacking player who can be that clinical.

Would be interesting to see if VAR would have had Scotty offside, it looked extremely tight.

I honestly do not understand why any manager would not have him starting every game in a team that otherwise is so powder puff in front of goal.

Just noticed that Evans didn’t have a goal scoring meme on the match day Twitter thread🤔

100% pen on Gordon in first half also

But I'm in a minority here I thought all in all, apart from 3 players we were absolutely garbage, and that was a poor team we played yesterday, in fact it was the poorest by a distance we've played. Come up against anyone decent we would've been destroyed, that back 4 is frightening. Very concerned.

Last edited:
Extremely generous? Did you watch the game or just unable to agree with anything?

he did better than ok. His play enabled us to play better today than for a king time.

It’s 1 game. If he does it consistently from now til the end of the season fair enough.

As I’ve said we need better.

The club have written this season off. Maybe there’s other options who weren’t available this season, so we’ve given Lindsey a go. Was far from a catastrophe, and given time might turn out as a good replacement. And if not we send him back
If so, big mistake

Only listened on radio ( just can’t ever make ifollow work ) - but surely Sinclair should have started ? Regarding the Everton lad he sounded like he was playing well , why was he taken off ? Did he tire or what? Why was Molumby taken off ? Again he got constant good comments by the radio lancs commentary team

Molumby with whiteman our best two players. Fleetwood really worked hard great determination and showed so much more than stockley ever has, low bar however.
Gordon did well but he wasn't as affective second half but should've stayed on.
Taking molumby off was absolutely perplexing.
And let's try and get your ifollow sorted out cause it's quite straightforward, think there's an ifollow thread somewhere put your issues up on there see if people can help you out.

Thought we played well today, and were unlucky not to win. Created plenty. On another day we score 3 or 4 goals.

At the end of the day I felt more entertained by the team than I had been for some time.

We’re in transition and Rome wasn’t built in a day unfortunately.
It took 1,000 years to build Rome. Even AN won't be given that long for his 'rebuilding'

Sinclair HAS to start if fit, his movement, runs and his calm, clinical finishing is streets ahead of anyone else in the squad. Leaving him on the bench when fit, or deploying him as a second left back is criminal imho.

Sinclair HAS to start if fit, his movement, runs and his calm, clinical finishing is streets ahead of anyone else in the squad. Leaving him on the bench when fit, or deploying him as a second left back is criminal imho.

Why do you think Sinclair spent the last few games on the right wing before yesterday?

Once AN knew that we had a chance of signing Gordon on loan he had to find a different position within his system for Sinclair, hence the experiment with playing him on the right. He didn't look happy or effective there, which is probably what led to AN picking Barky to play there instead.

Now some might question AN's sanity in pursuing a loan for a young winger from the Prem which would lead to his having to drop our leading goalscorer and most clinical finisher or play him out of position elsewhere. Undoubtably we have needed more creativity in the team, but personally I'd have wanted them to be creating more chances for our best finisher.

100% pen on Gordon in first half also

But I'm in a minority here I thought all in all, apart from 3 players we were absolutely garbage, and that was a poor team we played yesterday, in fact it was the poorest by a distance we've played. Come up against anyone decent we would've been destroyed, that back 4 is frightening. Very concerned.
A poor team but tactically well managed , we have a decent team but tactically ???