PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Sheffield Wednesday - 21/11/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

There was an experiment in Scotland in the 1970's where you could only be offside within an area 18 yards from the goal line :ROFLMAO:. Photo of line markings used below:

offside.jpg
That obviously went well. 😂

Reminds me of Subbuteo, they cut the pitch length into quarters so there were lines halfway between the halfway line and goal line. You had to be past that to shoot at goal, and I think you had to be past that line to be offside too. I might've got that wrong, I don't think I've played since I was at school so it's a distant memory!

Agree with this. The only thing I would add is that the offending player should be clearly offside, ie there is a clear gap between him and the nearest defender, rather than being offside if his stomach is a midges dick in front of him.
What difference would that make, you’d still have the same arguments about whether or not there was a ‘clear gap’.

Heathen. Whiskey is the only thing the Scots have ever managed to do better than the Irish but one thing we agree on is that the only thing that belongs any where near our whiskey is a drop of water at a push

Not even a nibble for the spelling? I'm wasted here.

Agree with this. The only thing I would add is that the offending player should be clearly offside, ie there is a clear gap between him and the nearest defender, rather than being offside if his stomach is a midges dick in front of him.
Totally agree, just as it used to be

That obviously went well. 😂

Reminds me of Subbuteo, they cut the pitch length into quarters so there were lines halfway between the halfway line and goal line. You had to be past that to shoot at goal, and I think you had to be past that line to be offside too. I might've got that wrong, I don't think I've played since I was at school so it's a distant memory!
Would love to see a recording of one of those experimental games in Scotland. Sounds like a game in the school yard years ago where you would just hoof the ball up to someone we used to call the 'Goal Hanger' !! :ROFLMAO: