PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Sheffield Wednesday - 21/11/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Not quite that long but a couple of seasons back Huntington was looking very suspect in the air and coupled with his lack of real pace on the ground then it looked like a move down a division would be best for everyone. He has got no faster but his positional play is making up for it and I am happy to see him justifying his place in the squad.

Nice stop gap Ernie but not the future in all honesty but love the lad to bits, top professional, top bloke and 2015 play off contribution I will always be grateful for (y)

Nice stop gap Ernie but not the future in all honesty but love the lad to bits, top professional, top bloke and 2015 play off contribution I will always be grateful for (y)

As I've said before Paul Huntington has been a massive servant of the club. I have never wanted to offload him because I don't rate him but the contrary I don't want him to stay so long that he becomes a shadow of his former self in the way that, most obviously, Lee Cartwright, Mark Rankine and Chris Sedgwick did. A couple of seasons back it looked like he was starting to struggle at this level but he has staged another of his comebacks and it is fine to see.

_115596492_gettyimages-1286878784.jpg

Frankie McAvoy: "It becomes difficult because they go to a back five with three in front of that and then the onus is on you to try and break them down."
Fair comment and that's where the patience comes in.

Had a little look on the Owls forum and whilst the red card incident was getting heated for/against someone asked what rule was being enforced.

Reply : 'The you can't put your studs into another players fookin neck rule' .... made me chuckle that :)
😁 I'm not a ref and don't really know the intricacies of how "the laws" are interpreted and applied but I do know that approximately 90% of fans and 100% of pundits have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to fouls.

"Serious foul play" probably covers it for today along with a dose of recklessness and a bit of disproportionate force.

😁 I'm not a ref and don't really know the intricacies of how "the laws" are interpreted and applied but I do know that approximately 90% of fans and 100% of pundits have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to fouls.

"Serious foul play" probably covers it for today along with a dose of recklessness and a bit of disproportionate force.

Endangering an opponent and excessive force would be the possibilities, probably the former. Reckless would be a yellow card.

Endangering an opponent and excessive force would be the possibilities, probably the former. Reckless would be a yellow card.
It amazes me how many ‘experts’ use the term reckless to justify a red card when the laws clearly say it’s a yellow card offence. Having said that it was a definite red for Windass and should have been for Van Aken aswell.

It amazes me how many ‘experts’ use the term reckless to justify a red card when the laws clearly say it’s a yellow card offence. Having said that it was a definite red for Windass and should have been for Van Aken aswell.

My immediate reaction was red for the denying a goalscoring opportunity - but, on reflection, maybe Barkhuizen had pushed it too far ahead and the keeper would have got there.