PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Stoke City - 26/09/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

The likes of Rotherham or Barnsley get little coverage either. In the eyes of the greater football watching public, PNE are no more significant than those clubs. That and the fact that when they do have a North End match on, it’s usually about as exciting as a Sunday League game.

Rather ironical then that our next 2 matches are both on Sky!

I thought this might be Summer League but probably not by the sounds of it. Billsborrow were also summer league though. Mick Elwiss played for Woodplumpton in the Summer League and used to have a few pints in the Wheatsheaf afterwards which was just up the road from where I was brought up. Think he married Olive Lemming? He was my hero as a kid, devastated when he left, worst day of my life when he came back with Palace.

State of his knee though. Was a long time ago but looked like someone had taken a chainsaw to it. What a player
I played for BAE Saudi in the LEP and we were in the same division as Bilsborrow.....

yeah, I was gutted when Elwiss left and I also remember the day that he came back with Palace.. We were 2-1 up with 5 mins left and Palace ended up winning 3-2 with Elwiss getting at least one of their two late goals..

He did indeed marry Olive Leeming and he used to deliver our milk in the late 1980’s when I lived in Ribbleton ......

I played for BAE Saudi in the LEP and we were in the same division as Bilsborrow.....

yeah, I was gutted when Elwiss left and I also remember the day that he came back with Palace.. We were 2-1 up with 5 mins left and Palace ended up winning 3-2 with Elwiss getting at least one of their two late goals..

He did indeed marry Olive Leeming and he used to deliver our milk in the late 1980’s when I lived in Ribbleton ......

When I worked for the milk board I used to deliver milk into the dairy at Woodplumpton, trouble was I was always late and Elwiss always gave me a bollocking, mind, when he calmed down he used to chat football.

Remember it like was yesterday. Ricky Thompson scored one of ours. Was pissing down. Elwiss celebrated wildly. Not like these days when you score against your old club. My second season I think. Good days

When I worked for the milk board I used to deliver milk into the dairy at Woodplumpton, trouble was I was always late and Elwiss always gave me a bollocking, mind, when he calmed down he used to chat football.
Set off earlier!!! Did he show his knee? Right mess

Remember it like was yesterday. Ricky Thompson scored one of ours. Was pissing down. Elwiss celebrated wildly. Not like these days when you score against your old club. My second season I think. Good days
I was 17 / 18 and I can remember that Palace brought a crew with them that were all dressed in sheepskin coats about a dozen of them.... they were looking for trouble after the game

i remember that the result spoilt my night out - I can remember sitting in the Stanley Arms with my then girlfriend and I had a right sulk on.

I was 17 / 18 and I can remember that Palace brought a crew with them that were all dressed in sheepskin coats about a dozen of them.... they were looking for trouble after the game

i remember that the result spoilt my night out - I can remember sitting in the Stanley Arms with my then girlfriend and I had a right sulk on.
I'd be about 9 ish. Stanley Arms and girlfriends were things I could only aspire to. You're just showing off!!!

The likes of Rotherham or Barnsley get little coverage either. In the eyes of the greater football watching public, PNE are no more significant than those clubs. That and the fact that when they do have a North End match on, it’s usually about as exciting as a Sunday League game.
We were actually on TV a fair amount last season. The final 3 games post lockdown against Cardiff and Derby at home and Brentford away were dreadful.
However earlier in the season we beat Stoke at home 3-1 (the Jack Butland show). We also had wins against Charlton (a) 1-0, Fulham (h) 2-1 (Nugents only goal in the right net) Wigan(a) 2-1 (2 quality goals) and draws away at Cardiff and Leeds (which was a good game). Lost at home to WBA but that was daylight robbery.
Those last 3 definitely ruined things!

They still watch games along with Keith Leemings wife, think she's called Margaret, it's in the blood!