Match Day - PNE v West Bromwich Albion - 18/09/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Michael

Advisor to the Owner
A game would be about 8 hours long if Linesmen had to mark every throw with the spray
They'd only need to do it with contentious ones. Like if the ref is telling them to go back and they keep stealing yards they could spray the ground and say if you go past that it's a foul throw and the other team get the throw instead. Would have saved us conceding on Saturday..

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
I think you’re wrong on it mate.

Lansbury is trying to take a free kick and doesn’t look up once during his run up to the ball.

Manning tries to kick the ball away like a petulant child and takes a swipe for his troubles.

Gets what he deserves.View attachment 4714

Wow - that brings a really different perspective on it. I still think Lansbury knows what he’s doing - he might not look up but anyone (certainly any athlete) would have the spatial awareness to know where the Swansea lad is.

But IMO, it gives a reason why the ref did what he did - perhaps giving benefit of doubt.

I guess that a retrospective red would not be allowed anyway, but even if it were, I don’t think the case would be sufficiently clearly proven to warrant one. Yet when I saw the first vid, there was zero doubt. Just shows!

buckshawwhite

Advisor to the Owner
He looked very good, but with him and Ledson in the side, there's plenty of bite but not a great deal of creativity.
Couldnt disagree more with you TBH. Midfielders can have both bite and creativity. How many assists has Ledson got this season with hi set plays & long balls? He is also adept at slipping balls through the space between the centre & full backs. McCann, though I've obviously not seen enough of him yet, certainly has bite. But from what I hear has a creative side to him. With Ledson, Whiteman & McCann at least we certainly have some very good options in the engine room

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron

Pro-Albion commentary even picks out the fact that they’d stolen “a number of yards” for the throw in.