PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v West Bromwich Albion - 18/09/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

I think it’s even worse than simply ignoring it. On several occasions, including the goal, he told them to take it back to were it should have been and then watched as they totally ignored it. As he’d warned them, the laws say it should have been reversed and given to the opposing side.

There was an incident in the first few minutes, they had a free kick just outside their area and Johnstone took it from nearer the halfway line than the goal line. Obviously their plan was to keep the game moving and not give us chance to organise - and it worked because it led to the incident when Sepp got booked. It seems innocuous because it’s so deep in their half but I said at the time that it both gives them the total advantage of doing exactly what they want but also sends a signal that they will be allowed to get away with it for th rest of the match. And they did.

Some might remember him as the referee who sent Pearson off after the whistle against Bolton.
Didn’t know that mate👍🏻

There was a free kick fairly late in the game. It was half way into their half and five yards or so from the touch lin.

Johnstone moved it probably a further 10 yards up the pitch and brought it about another 10/12 yards further infield giving him a fairly straight ping virtually into our box.

Yet again, nothing at all was said or done 😡

Saw this last night, absolutely shocking challenge.

The ref needs suspending for that as does Lansbury.

Manning is lucky not to have had his ankle broke.

No word of a lie, I’d have done a Roy Keane on him and purposely nailed Lansbury when I got the chance.
I think you’re wrong on it mate.

Lansbury is trying to take a free kick and doesn’t look up once during his run up to the ball.

Manning tries to kick the ball away like a petulant child and takes a swipe for his troubles.

Gets what he deserves.View attachment trim.DAF88A40-A2B1-4552-A545-3E4EC02A2EAF.MOV

It’s making me mad just seeing that.

The Referee Association should drag that clueless twat in by his hair and demand to know why he let them do it.

Its blatant cheating and he just let them do it.
It was pointed out on quest that. That was after they had just stolen similar ground on 2 previous though ins. It helped them advance a long way into our half
Wet broms modus operandi.

Lansbury is trying to take a free kick and doesn’t look up once during his run up to the ball.

Manning tries to kick the ball away like a petulant child and takes a swipe for his troubles.

Gets what he deserves.View attachment 4714
No you can't just kick someone like that for standing in the way. What an example for all the kids watching. Clearest sending off I've seen in a while.

No you can't just kick someone like that for standing in the way. What an example for all the kids watching. Clearest sending off I've seen in a while.
He’s not standing in the way. He’s moved right across the path of taking a free kick. Lansbury doesn’t look up once.

Booking for both at best for me.

In that video in slow motion Lansbury doesn’t look up once. He’s trying to take a free kick and Manning comes right across mid flow.
Just because he doesn’t look doesn’t mean he doesn’t know he’s there😂

We’ll agree to disagree eh😄👍🏻

He’s not standing in the way. He’s moved right across the path of taking a free kick. Lansbury doesn’t look up once.

Just give up. it's a blatent red all day long. The ref obviously didn't see it correctly. God knows what he saw to book them both though.

It’s making me mad just seeing that.

The Referee Association should drag that clueless twat in by his hair and demand to know why he let them do it.

Its blatant cheating and he just let them do it.
Am I missing something with that tweet? What is it demonstrating?
By the way, I am not suggesting that they didn’t steal too many yards on a number of occasions - they certainly did. I just can’t see what the tweet shows. Is it a video?

Just because he doesn’t look doesn’t mean he doesn’t know he’s there😂

We’ll agree to disagree eh😄👍🏻
Happy to agree to disagree.

EFL refs are useless, don’t get me wrong, I just personally don’t think on that occasion he got it wrong.

Just give up. it's a blatent red all day long. The ref obviously didn't see it correctly. God knows what he saw to book them both though.
Even if it was a red to Lansbury, how would it not be a booking to Manning for kicking the ball away during a free kick?

Am I missing something with that tweet? What is it demonstrating?
By the way, I am not suggesting that they didn’t steal too many yards on a number of occasions - they certainly did. I just can’t see what the tweet shows. Is it a video?
The lad on the left holding the ball is ready to take the throw in where the ball went out of play.

The lad on the right asks for the ball, gets it and takes the throw in from that position.

They then throw it long and equalise.

Gets what he deserves.View attachment 4714

Yep, Lansbury is in the middle of his run up and that Manning walks over and kicks the ball away.

Would have been funny if Manning had got injured and had to miss a few weeks, would be karma for some blatant cheating

Refs having a stellar day across the league

Swansea player takes 90% of the blame for me. Makes my blood absolutely boil for being a petulant little shit. Thinking he can nonchalantly walk up and toe the ball away. It's a dead ball situation and he just can't do that. Stupid little dick. Own fault if he's out for 2 weeks.

It's in the same league as all those cheating WBA throw-ins yesterday. Highly paid 8 year olds.