PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - QPR v PNE - 21/10/20 - KO:19:45 - Championship

And do you want to know how we won them penalties?

By being in the box.

Crazy mad otherworldly type stuff can happen when we are actually getting into the opposition box on a regular basis.
Hats off to Neil & the team last night, the whole team played well, with a few players being excellent.
Let's just hope we don't let our home form spoil things from now on, sort out the home form & this could be a very good season.

Hats off to Neil & the team last night, the whole team played well, with a few players being excellent.
Let's just hope we don't let our home form spoil things from now on, sort out the home form & this could be a very good season.
Most certainly mate, It definitely clicked after the first 15/20 and by just being higher up the pitch with more bodies in the box we saw what can happen.

Like you say, we just need to sort it out at home and I reckon with Riis starting and putting himself about in the opposition box on a more regular basis we'll have more of the same. Here's hoping 👍

And do you want to know how we won them penalties?

By being in the box.

Crazy mad otherworldly type stuff can happen when we are actually getting into the opposition box on a regular basis.
Do people forget we had the most penalties last season and these werent even our first Pen this season??
I presume we got into the box for all of Gally's & Dj's last season !

Do people forget we had the most penalties last season and these werent even our first Pen this season??
I presume we got into the box for all of Gally's & Dj's last season !
I think you've forgotten our form from the 2nd half of last season. Something we weren't doing enough of in matches was actually playing proper football higher up the pitch. Yes we were in the box for that burst of pens we had at the start of the season but the pens dried up when we stopped doing the high press and playing higher up the pitch.

Keep getting in the box and anything can happen.

I think you've forgotten our form from the 2nd half of last season. Something we weren't doing enough of in matches was actually playing proper football higher up the pitch. Yes we were in the box for that burst of pens we had at the start of the season but the pens dried up when we stopped doing the high press and playing higher up the pitch.

Keep getting in the box and anything can happen.
Will the greatly improved training, recovery and treatment facilities at the new training ground help us press the opposition more effectively this season?

We did it well at the start of last season and it dropped away around December time?

Does that Hadergjonaj (spelling?) still play right back for Huddersfield?

Seem to remember that he bombs on more than any full back ive ever seen. Should be starting Barky to exploit the space he leaves. So same team for me but with Barky in for Potts

Will the greatly improved training, recovery and treatment facilities at the new training ground help us press the opposition more effectively this season?

We did it well at the start of last season and it dropped away around December time?
I bloody hope so Alvin mate 😂

Its a weird one for me because last season it looked like the tactics we were seeing in that first part of the season all of a sudden changed. Why? And I suppose every team has a bad run at some stage but putting it down to doing too much pressing / working seems like a crap excuse.

Probably a mixture of the two but whatever it is we usually do away from home we need to start replicating at deepdale.

Does that Hadergjonaj (spelling?) still play right back for Huddersfield?

Seem to remember that he bombs on more than any full back ive ever seen. Should be starting Barky to exploit the space he leaves. So same team for me but with Barky in for Potts
Nah, it’s a lad called Pipa now.

Toffollo at left back has been really bombing on for them this season.

Good post, I'm not his biggest fan but Browne has continued to give 100% and I'm sure he will continue to do so. His ball in for Riis was an absolute delight. I'd play DJ whenever I can but Davies and Pearson have been off the pace recently and Ledson, Potts and Storey have stepped in and done really well.
I think Davies has hit his ceiling to some extent. Lots of very good attributes but he is still continually found wanting against physical strikers and at times is really poor when defending the box. We are usually completely fine when he is not playing.

I think he’d be much more suited to a move to somewhere like the Bundesliga than the Prem where I think he would be out of his depth.

Would rather he stays but I don’t think he’s the superstar some think.

I think Davies has hit his ceiling to some extent. Lots of very good attributes but he is still continually found wanting against physical strikers and at times is really poor when defending the box. We are usually completely fine when he is not playing.

I think he’d be much more suited to a move to somewhere like the Bundesliga than the Prem where I think he would be out of his depth.

I totally agree with this. Davies is a good ball playing centre back at this level but he is far from irreplaceable. Storey has shown enough for me to be a long term replacement, when his experience grows he won’t be bullied like Davies is. Some of his challenges last night were forceful. I think if (when) Davies leaves, we go for 2 cb’s (a young prospect, like Storey when we got him) and a more experienced replacement if Hunts goes (as much as I love him).

Also, despite my criticisms of him, that was as good as i've seen Rafferty last night, completely untroubled.

Also, despite my criticisms of him, that was as good as i've seen Rafferty last night, completely untroubled.

2 MOTM in 4 games according to the same stats page that has Bauer as our top performer...

I guess stats don't pick up things like him trying to win the ball and failing which led to the Cardiff goal.

I agree with this, but I think Davies occasionally gets caught out due to being a bit complacent. He is a good defender who is comfortable at Championship level, and I think he needs a new challenge imo.

There's certainly a fluency to our play in the away games this season compared to the home games. I don't know if it's because at home the opposition sit well back and means we have to break down a well packed defensive formation.