PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - QPR v PNE - 21/10/20 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Interestingly, Patrick Bauer is statistically our best player by some distance according to Whoscored despite coming under critiscism on here.

Are they seeing things a lot of people miss, or are these stats not worth a piss?

Ben Pearson always rates low on there despite carrying us in most games.

How does Ben Pearson carry us exactly. This season and last season prove that we are just as capable without Pearson than we are with.

Infact I don't think any player 'carries' us apart from maybe DJ. DJ is a much more important player for us than Pearson is.

Also, despite my criticisms of him, that was as good as i've seen Rafferty last night, completely untroubled.

I like Rafferty but I thought he looked a little out of sorts last night, seemed a bit jittery on the ball. Opinions eh!

Thought both fullbacks did alright last night.

I've always liked Hughes defensively but it has been clear the last few games he is making the effort to offer more of an attacking threat. Rafferty probably had his best defensive performance for us last night. I can only recall one error from each of them.

Thought both fullbacks did alright last night.

I've always liked Hughes defensively but it has been clear the last few games he is making the effort to offer more of an attacking threat. Rafferty probably had his best defensive performance for us last night. I can only recall one error from each of them.
Not that it matters now but I don’t know why Hughes didn’t just launch it out for a throw in.

2 seasons ago, Pearson was invaluable to getting good performances. We've become a better all around team since then, and results without him in the side show that we aren't reliant on him any more.

What did people think of Dickie at the back for QPR.

Heard very early on after the season finished from a couple of folk that we had our eye on him, but would’ve been too expensive and it turned out there wasn’t a need in the end to recruit a CB.

Heard very early on after the season finished from a couple of folk that we had our eye on him, but would’ve been too expensive and it turned out there wasn’t a need in the end to recruit a CB.
Didn't look any better than Storey.

Hard to judge when he’s in a back 4 with Wallace, who looked like a non league player

Didn't look any better than Storey.
Bonne didn’t look very impressive either but early days for both of them I suppose.

Wouldn’t have minded Bonne as a signing to complement a mobile target man but he ended up going to £2m.

Hard to judge when he’s in a back 4 with Wallace, who looked like a non league player
Mark Warburton did Lee Wallace a massive favour by bringing him to QPR, terrible player getting to play consistently under his mate

Thought Dickie did okay and looked fine in their back line. Playing up against a fired up Riis won't have helped his cause.

Mark Warburton did Lee Wallace a massive favour by bringing him to QPR, terrible player getting to play consistently under his mate

Thought Dickie did okay and looked fine in their back line. Playing up against a fired up Riis won't have helped his cause.
Didn’t think Kakay was too great either

Why do I feel like we’ve been linked with him before?

The commentators mixed him up with Sullay Kaikai who's now at Blackpool.

There might be something in looking into Kakay as he's only just broke onto the scene after a few loans across Scotland and is still 23.

You may be confusing him with Kai Kai, who plays for Shitpool. I'm sure we were linked with him a couple of seasons ago, when he was at Palace.

Bonne didn’t look very impressive either but early days for both of them I suppose.

Wouldn’t have minded Bonne as a signing to complement a mobile target man but he ended up going to £2m.
Didn't look as physical as I was expecting, reminded me a bit of Moult.

Not sure sure about control. They had the opening spell of possession which led up to that chance Rudd saved but didn't challenge out goal aside.

Its very much to be excepted the home side would have a decent spell of possession. Bonne looked fed up.

As for Mr.Friend.

He gave a free kick when the foul on Sinclair was a good yard in the area and had the liner not been on the ball wouldn't have given it.

He missed a blatant shirt pull on Riis which should have been another penalty.

He did get the other foul on ERJ spot on.

He does think most people are their to watch him. Yes I am still bitter about his shit show at Turf Moor but frankly still think he's a shit referee.

The shit show at Burnley is still my worst day in football and the reason I have bad feelings towards Mr Friend.

Remember him reffing us at home against Rovers and having a brilliant game, gave a penalty for a handball by Lenihan and nobody in the stadium had seen it so fair play to him.

I ddint know that and dont know the lad.... but watching I thought he looked a weak link, especially 2nd half. Reading AN's report it looks like we closed down the other CB to allow Dickie to have the ball - presumably because he wasnt considered a risk with it..