PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - QPR v PNE - 21/10/20 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Well done lads , such a pity for players and fans alike they couldn’t celebrate a professional performance in front of some nobbers supporters.
More of the same , regain our spot above the plastics and focus in on the play offs.

I feared for Potts , Ledson and Hughes early on but all settled and grew into the game. Another 90 mins under the belt of Storey who looked assured when called upon and Riis will hopefully go from strength to strength.
3 points , clean sheet , feels good

I'll be honest, I didn't really notice Ledson was on the pitch, other than taking corners, in the second half. Was I missing stuff, or is everyone just hyped because of how he played in the first 40 mins?

Well done lads , such a pity for players and fans alike they couldn’t celebrate a professional performance in front of some nobbers supporters.
More of the same , regain our spot above the plastics and focus in on the play offs.

I feared for Potts , Ledson and Hughes early on but all settled and grew into the game. Another 90 mins under the belt of Storey who looked assured when called upon and Riis will hopefully go from strength to strength.
3 points , clean sheet , feels good
+1.👍

Think we had a poor 20 minutes up to the penalty and then in control apart from a couple of scares.
DJ was understandably not really match fit but I’m just glad he’s back.
Riis....well in my opinion he’s going to be an absolute monster.
Paul Sparrow was very complimentary of him.

Subject to the big limitations of the red button coverage, that looked like a decent performance. Apart from twenty minutes before the penalty, we bossed it and made QPR look quite weak. I thought Hughes, Storey and Potts worked hard and very effectively but Riis was our stand out MoM. He’s quick, very strong and surprisingly skilful for such a tall, young lad and he regularly draws both centre backs, leaving room for his mates to pile in. But his presence does mean we usually resort to route one - from Rudd and both fullbacks - and even the big Dane’s best efforts couldn’t justify that tactic - we should play it thru the middle a little more often. Oh and why can’t we speed up throw-ins? Once we’d gone ahead you expect the slowdown but even before then the throws were painfully slow and rarely got anywhere. A little more urgency might just mean more space to create something. But shouldnt moan tonight. A massive improvement on Sunday and great to see Riis, Storey and of course Ledson continuing to improve.

Started slowly and I feared the worst for a while. Just shows about confidence and once we scored there was only one team in it. A mobile target man made a massive difference and that’s not decrying Stockley and Maguire who’ve moved up from lower leagues and always give their best. We played as a team and passed really well with no weak positions. Special mention of Sinclair and already mentioned Rafferty and Hughes .

Great team performance and credit to all of them for a great hard fought win. Such a difference to have a mobile and physical presence at the top of the pitch. Riis impressed me with his work rate and chasing down their defenders for Sinclair’s penalty and at one pout in the second half, dropped in to cover at left back. Equally as pleased with the clean sheet, gotta take it into the weekend and go again.....

Just need to sort a cutting edge at home and start scoring, conceding 1 goal at home isn’t a sin but we need to be scoring 1,2 or 3....

And away form speaks for itself, we should have won the game at Norwich.

Having said that, and after a very workmanlike and professional performance tonight we didn’t trouble their keeper much from open play.

Great night and great result tonight.

I thought Potts was great in the second half, he was everywhere and didn't let their defenders settle once.
That’s what I mean. At the start of the game he looked poor but then came good. I always think I want Harrop or Barky to play instead of him but then he is all over the pitch and can control things

Great team performance and credit to all of them for a great hard fought win. Such a difference to have a mobile and physical presence at the top of the pitch. Riis impressed me with his work rate and chasing down their defenders for Sinclair’s penalty and at one pout in the second half, dropped in to cover at left back. Equally as pleased with the clean sheet, gotta take it into the weekend and go again.....
No worries at the weekend, it's an away game.
It's the two fixtures after that I'm worried about.

Rudd 8 - Solid , good block in the first half
Rafferty 8 - Other than one silly free kick excellent
Hughes 8 - Solid
Storey 8 - Best performance for me so far in a Nobbers shirt
Bauer 7 - Not back to his best but solid
Johnson 7 - Makes us tick
Ledson 8 - Getting better every match
Sinclair 8 - Class
Browne 8 - Worked his socks off
Potts 9 - MOM , covered every blade of grass - outstanding in the press
Riis - 8 - Love this bloke already - outstanding

Neil - 8 - Tactically spot on
Well done lads , throughly deserved win and clean sheet
so glad that somebody else saw this. I thought he was immense.

What an absolute player Ryan Ledson is!

The Ledson of previous seasons wouldn’t even have seen the half time whistle. Take a bow