PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - QPR v PNE - 21/10/20 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Good performance tonight - reminded me of the earlier days of Neil at the wheel. Quick in transition, looking to attack and a well marshalled defence for the most part.

More of the same we can hopefully build some momentum. We need to be more clinical from open play is my only issue but very happy with the work rate and tenacity of the players tonight. We were brave on the ball and looked hungry for the points.

Keep up the effort - this is the sort of effort in every game where we look like we want to win and try to play progressively rather than the turgid dross we were subjected to on Sunday.

Next one is away against Huddersfield. They have had a decent start and changing their identity under their new coach (was at Leeds under Bielsa) - bit more of a progressive team I think now than the ones that Cowley set them up with. I think we may need a similar tactical blueprint from tonight against a team like that.
I'll be honest, I didn't really notice Ledson was on the pitch, other than taking corners, in the second half. Was I missing stuff, or is everyone just hyped because of how he played in the first 40 mins?

You were missing stuff

What an absolute player Ryan Ledson is!

The Ledson of previous seasons wouldn’t even have seen the half time whistle. Take a bow
You can tell he’s such a genuinely nice lad too. Always the first to congratulate his teammates & encourage them. He flew over to Riis when he’d won the pen. I like that. Ledson has been our best player this season & very consistent. Matured a lot!

Where was his commentary Kathryn?..I watched on the red button...which was weird because the commentator obviously had access to replays while us watching didn’t.

Paul Sparrow knows his stuff and is a passionate northender. The commentary is better and more personal on IFollow because the commentators are fans.
The picture is better on IFollow, provided your Wi-fi is ok, because they repeat the key incidents.
Having said that the red button is free for me for all matches and so I shall continue to watch Sky.

Obviously delighted with the win and clean sheet but still a worry for me is how little we created.

Hopefully the more Riis plays this will change🤞🏻

So many times recently I've commented that I could have kept goal for the opposition. Refreshing for it to be the other way round tonight. They don't come much easier than that.

On that evidence we have dodged a bullet with Bonne compared to Riis although slightly harsh judged on one game. Riis looks to have real potential and the thing I like the most about him is he seems to have a real football brain for a young lad. Great awareness. Still missed a sitter but he does look a player.

How do we convert that to home form though? We have players very geared to counter attack away football. Sinclair barely touches the ball but his contribution to big moments is lethal. Big challenge for the gaffer to get it working at Deepdale.

Final comment, I am no fan of Hughes but he was probably the man of the match tonight (George Banks announces it on 85 mins so we can overlook the slip up on 86).

The golden rule always was win your homes and draw your aways and you will be somewhere near at the end of the season - we may be creating a new winning equation if we draw at home
I nearly posted the same earlier.... it’s the drawing at home that is proving difficult !!!