Match Day - Queens Park Rangers v PNE - 02/10/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
I just believe Gareth would take us in a new direction, he is almost regarded as one of our own, am guessing the fans ( majority) would get right behind him. It’s just so nil by mouth at the moment, the football is predictable, stultified and just lacking cohesion and really can you see it changing if our ship doesn’t change course ?
My only concern is if TH & PR treat him in they way they have our past managers and head coach what change would GA have before fans start to turn against him? I would rather he stay away for now rather than have his status with us be tarnished. (y)

Mahogany Rush

Advisor to the Owner
Excellent fact! I didn't know that, so Googled it:

"The origin of inn signs goes back to the Romans. The ‘Tabernae’ would hang vine leaves outside to show that they sold wine – in Britain, as vine leaves are rare (due to the climate!), small evergreen bushes were substituted. One of the first Roman tavern signs was the Bush’. Early pubs hung long poles or ale stakes, which might have been used to stir the ale, outside their doors. If both wine and ale were sold, then both bush and pole would be hung outside."
When I've got a pole on, I can't wait to get it up into the bush 🤪

Bren27

Manager
My only concern is if TH & PR treat him in they way they have our past managers and head coach what change would GA have before fans start to turn against him? I would rather he stay away for now rather than have his status with us be tarnished. (y)
Fair point mate and that had crossed my mind too, but what a shame it is the way it is and I’ve seen similar situations in different walks of life 👍

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
How about your players feigning injury and wasting time after you went 3-2 ahead? Care to call that, or did you not 'see' or 'remember' that either?

Tosser.
I suspect we’ve not seen any mention of the ‘stamp’ on Maguire, bang smack on his ankle. If the game had been properly televised I’m convinced that would have gone forward for retrospective action.

It was almost exactly the same as the one Huntington got done for against Derby the season before last.

Bren27

Manager
Risdale eh ? Just check him out on Google and reasons behind him leaving Leeds United amongst other stuff, it doesn’t make for good reading and this guy is advisor to the owner at our club ?? How can this be ?

Bren27

Manager
I suspect we’ve not seen any mention of the ‘stamp’ on Maguire, bang smack on his ankle. If the game had been properly televised I’m convinced that would have gone forward for retrospective action.

It was almost exactly the same as the one Huntington got done for against Derby the season before last.
Maguire got kicked all over the pitch as he often does 👍

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron

Exactly, and I said at the time and other times that you'll see far more retrospective punishment when it's on tv which isn't right.

The QPR commentators were the most biased I have ever heard, it took 4 replays for Andy Sinton to even see their player make contact with Maguire. In fact the main commentator said at one point he actually wanted Dickie to put a real one onto Maguire and really give him something to worry about.

baysidepne

Living the dream
Patron
The QPR commentators were the most biased I have ever heard, it took 4 replays for Andy Sinton to even see their player make contact with Maguire. In fact the main commentator said at one point he actually wanted Dickie to put a real one onto Maguire and really give him something to worry about.
Agreed, shocking how bad it was.

Maguire got kicked to bits for me. No wonder he's come off injured after being on the receiving end of yet another of the three fouls given against him (nevermind the ones where the ref has allowed an advantage to be played)

Yes we have a few dark arts up our sleeves but find me a club in the league that doesn't.

redfives

Forum Patron
Patron
Agree or not but Ainsworth is a shoe in for me , he’s played for us he knows what this club means to the fans he’s been in the game long enough now and he is ready to take the next step in his managerial career. He is young and ambitious, the guy cycled 20 bloody miles in the rain last week to take training due to fuel problems, that’s the hunger I want to see at my club , not dithering no sense subs and hoofing up to our smallest player, playing for draws it’s just crap to be honest.
Hmmmmm.........
ill listen,,,,,

65on

Manager
Agree or not but Ainsworth is a shoe in for me , he’s played for us he knows what this club means to the fans he’s been in the game long enough now and he is ready to take the next step in his managerial career. He is young and ambitious, the guy cycled 20 bloody miles in the rain last week to take training due to fuel problems, that’s the hunger I want to see at my club , not dithering no sense subs and hoofing up to our smallest player, playing for draws it’s just crap to be honest.
It is not the manager to blame it's the players. I know the manager picks the players but if he says go out and play like Real Madrid and then play like Real Ale Madrid. It wouldn't matter who the manager was. Players get managers the boot unfortunately contracted players don't get the same treatment.

65on

Manager
This team lacks one important factor, character. The way that Lindsay strolls off the pitch after such an abject performance makes my teeth itch.

Where is the passion in the back four that we saw from Gregan week in week out. That fighting spirit just isn't there. It all stems from a winning mentality.

Setting up not to lose is doomed for failure and that's exactly what we're seeing now.
You're not allowed fighting spirit anymore. The game has gone soft.

Bren27

Manager
It is not the manager to blame it's the players. I know the manager picks the players but if he says go out and play like Real Madrid and then play like Real Ale Madrid. It wouldn't matter who the manager was. Players get managers the boot unfortunately contracted players don't get the same treatment.
A good manager can put confidence in the team or there would be no Fergie no Wenger no Klopp no Shankly no Busby etc etc, not putting Gareth in that League but do you really just stick with what you have and hope it gets better. ? Putting FM in charge is like putting a sticking plaster over a broken leg .

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
A good manager can put confidence in the team or there would be no Fergie no Wenger no Klopp no Shankly no Busby etc etc, not putting Gareth in that League but do you really just stick with what you have and hope it gets better. ? Putting FM in charge is like putting a sticking plaster over a broken leg .
Didn’t he put confidence in our players during the end of last season?

Bren27

Manager
so what’s happened ? Because they seem inept at the moment, I honestly don’t think they believe in him or his tactics.... but like the faithful am afraid