PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Queens Park Rangers v PNE - 02/10/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

In the Middle Ages if you hung a bush over your door it denoted that you sold ale
Excellent fact! I didn't know that, so Googled it:

"The origin of inn signs goes back to the Romans. The ‘Tabernae’ would hang vine leaves outside to show that they sold wine – in Britain, as vine leaves are rare (due to the climate!), small evergreen bushes were substituted. One of the first Roman tavern signs was the Bush’. Early pubs hung long poles or ale stakes, which might have been used to stir the ale, outside their doors. If both wine and ale were sold, then both bush and pole would be hung outside."

I would rather have a manager who wants to manage than by his own admission a manager who doesn’t really want to be a manager......simples 👍
So you wouldn't have wanted BD to have managed us then given he first said he didn't want to take over as manager from CB? BTW when did GA say he wanted to be our manager?

So you wouldn't have wanted BD to have managed us then given he first said he didn't want to take over as manager from CB? BTW when did GA say he wanted to be our manager?
I didn’t say Gareth Ainsworth said he wanted to be our manager just that he is a keen ambitious manager at Wycombe, whereas Frankie in his own words said he never wanted to be a manager 😳 I just want the best for the club I love and right now I don’t see it happening .

They were 3 of the worst goals I've ever seen us concede. Just messy and all the players just seemed to panic.

Cunningham seemed to have blocked the first then lifted his leg allowing Dykes to poke in, the 2nd one was a stupid free kick to give away by Browne and then just defended badly, hard to not think that Bauer would have just headed it away, and the 3rd one probably doesn't need discussing. Lindsay was just embarrassing Sunday league stuff and Browne again absolutely awful on the edge of the box.

Good performances by Riis and Maguire let down by pathetic half arsed defending.

It has become part of the game but I don't like it and how some people actually find it amusing is beyond me.
Easily solved if the game and the refs wanted it to be. Wave a few cards round if teams are taking the piss and it'd soon stop.

This team lacks one important factor, character. The way that Lindsay strolls off the pitch after such an abject performance makes my teeth itch.

Where is the passion in the back four that we saw from Gregan week in week out. That fighting spirit just isn't there. It all stems from a winning mentality.

Setting up not to lose is doomed for failure and that's exactly what we're seeing now.
I've said this time and time again, and because of the lack of passion it I spend a lot of time during a match just crowd watching, looking at my phone and picking my nose, and I'm sure I'm not the only one as quite often the away fans keep asking us if its a library!

Easily solved if the game and the refs wanted it to be. Wave a few cards round if teams are taking the piss and it'd soon stop.

The authorities sometimes come up with these sorts of diktats (eg no haranguing the ref, march back 10yds for any dissent) then just don’t follow through!

Another simple thing - if you’re into 3 minutes off added time, and a goal kick takes a minute - and a throw-in takes 45 seconds, don’t blow your whistle the moment the clock hits 93:00

FAxtu-wXsAIeycU
https://twitter.com/SnapperIan

But yet we're the dirty ones...
No comment from BC-W12 then?

They were 3 of the worst goals I've ever seen us concede. Just messy and all the players just seemed to panic.

The second goal was sloppy defending or at least it seemed to be from way up the other end from where I saw it. The root cause of their first and third goals, though, was the ease with which they bypassed our midfield. But let's hope our defensive frailties get solved with the return of Bauer and Hughes. Then we can sort out the midfield. As I said in comments after the match one encouraging thing from Saturday was the way McCann played before he got injured - he looked controlled and composed and if he had stayed on the pitch we might have kept possession better which in turn would have taken pressure off the defence. Hopefully he will be fit for when we resume.

No comment from BC-W12 then?
Completely different topic - if a player takes out another as this photo suggests (genuinely don't remember the incident), then it should be a yellow or red. My beef is faking injuries, slowing the game to a snails pace through arguing with ref, wiping the ball, walking at 1mph to retrieve the ball. That's not what any supporter pays £30 to see.

Completely different topic - if a player takes out another as this photo suggests (genuinely don't remember the incident), then it should be a yellow or red. My beef is faking injuries, slowing the game to a snails pace through arguing with ref, wiping the ball, walking at 1mph to retrieve the ball. That's not what any supporter pays £30 to see.
Who do you support?

PNE or QPR?

How about your players feigning injury and wasting time after you went 3-2 ahead? Care to call that, or did you not 'see' or 'remember' that either?

Tosser.

I take it then that QPR have never, and still don't, do this sort of thing? 'Hypocrite' I think is the word.

QPR were awful, constantly diving, stamping, elbows, you name it, should have been a few yellows and one possible red. Ref gave no protection at all. We now have 3 key players injured.

Fairly exciting game but lets face it the football was also shit all round, sad part is that we were worse.

I just believe Gareth would take us in a new direction, he is almost regarded as one of our own, am guessing the fans ( majority) would get right behind him. It’s just so nil by mouth at the moment, the football is predictable, stultified and just lacking cohesion and really can you see it changing if our ship doesn’t change course ?