PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Reading v PNE - 14/08/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Get rid of the billionaire owner and I suppose the 'just existing' bit does become more exciting because it isn't a given any more.

'He's putting in 6 million a year but just a couple of grand more' is still the crux of what you are saying. To suggest that new owners would spend that couple of hundred grand more is putting your house on red. I'm not willing to do that.

Getting rid of Ridsdale is the safer option that could yield significant change without the risk of administration. Easy choice for me.

Spending a couple of hundred grand more to bring in Kierffar Moore could have been the difference between making the play offs or not.

The issue is Hemmings doesn’t take any risks. We are quite happy to tread water and not go anywhere and that only leads one way (going down.)

Neil had this squad competing for the play offs with a strike force of Nugent, Stockley and Maguire. Any half decent striker would have seen us there.

Yoive said it yourself. He doesn’t take risks and that’s why we find ourselves fighting relegation because our aim each season is just to stay up.

Edit: I said this said. Obviously j meant the one with Pearson, Davies etc in.

And if that is the crux of the argument as to why we should all be screaming Hemmings out, it's a really lame one. This goes on at every football club in the country other than Man City.

Hemmings has loads of flaws as an owner but if the accusation is he isn't putting enough in, I'd argue you haven't looked at the finances of the club. He's putting in a fortune, it's just that what has been identified and assembled is a bloated squad of crap (paid for by him). Explain the situation logically to someone who doesn't support PNE and they look at you like you are insane, because it is insane and a distraction from the main problem: Ridsdale.

Loads of the football league would hypothetically swap you Hemmings for their owners. Nobody would want Ridsdale as director.
Assuming you're right (and fwiw I don't think you are), who appointed Ridsdale, and more importantly, who continues to employ him?

Assuming you're right (and fwiw I don't think you are), who appointed Ridsdale, and more importantly, who continues to employ him?

Hemmings but that's not enough to plunge us into the uncertainty of new ownership. When a boss is failing in a business, you fire the boss, you don't necessarily sell the business off.

How can we guess whether I am right or wrong? I don't even know, it's all hypothetical, selling up just gives up the one positive Hemmings brings and that is safety. That's all I am saying.

Has he been terrible? Yes. Is his faith in Ridiculous baffling? Totally. I just think we could be better with a better director whilst keeping the benefits of clearing debts that TH brings.

Let’s see if they are still around in 5 years, once the reality of funding a football club at a good level kicks in (if they get that far), they won’t want to know. Then what happens when they’ve had enough?
I'm sorry but that is complete guesswork

I'm sorry but that is complete guesswork
Well no there’s precedents for that, Ellis Short, Randy Lerner, Burnley’s new American owners aren’t going to spend loads either.
Wrexham’s owners are rich but don’t have an endless pot of money to throw at it. Like I said let’s see in a few years.

What is guess work though is that a better owner than Hemmings is a guarantee.

Well no there’s precedents for that, Ellis Short, Randy Lerner, Burnley’s new American owners aren’t going to spend loads either.
Wrexham’s owners are rich but don’t have an endless pot of money to throw at it. Like I said let’s see in a few years.

He's not invested in this squad for years an years now you know it, I know it, not just North End fans know, it seems the whole bloody world knows it now, its that obvious as it's seems like it's been going on forever! Yet people like yourself continue to find any crumb of an excuse there is to fend off any criticism that comes Hemming's way.
I'm absolutely dumbfounded!
Sell up old man!

He's not invested in this squad for years an years now you know it, I know it, not just North End fans know, it seems the whole bloody world knows it now, its that obvious as it's seems like it's been going on forever! Yet people like yourself continue to find any crumb of an excuse there is to fend off any criticism that comes Hemming's way.
I'm absolutely dumbfounded!
Sell up old man!
Yeah it always goes this way, you’re either Hemmings out or a super fan, there’s no in between. It’s tedious.

He’s made plenty of mistakes, but at this moment in time, in my opinion him selling up would not be the best solution. Sacking Ridsdale for someone more dynamic might just bring change.

It's been mentioned but I never want to see Ledson take a corner, or free kick again.

In fact, just put him on the bench fullstop.
Bet he continues on them though. Even with Whiteman on the pitch Ledson is still the one who takes them. They can’t get much worse yet no one has told him to hand the ball over

Yeah it always goes this way, you’re either Hemmings out or a super fan, there’s no in between. It’s tedious.

He’s made plenty of mistakes, but at this moment in time, in my opinion him selling up would not be the best solution. Sacking Ridsdale for someone more dynamic might just bring change.
I didn't mention the label "super fan" nor am I excluding Ridsdale of blame. I'd like him to go too! He wasn't here though in the last spell of our time in the championship when yet again a lack of investment stopped us from taking that extra step.

Let's see in a few years??
Where do you see us in a few years?