PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Sheff Wed v PNE - 08/07/20 - KO:19:45 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
index.php

225px-Sheffield_Wednesday_badge.svg.png
1880badge.png

Sheffield Wednesday v Preston North End
Wednesday 8th July 2020 , Kick Off 7:45PM
Championship
Match Preview: -

Last edited:
Neil talked about winning and losing in ‘batches’.

I fully agree. In fact I posted a thread on it earlier this season.
When we lose one or two, we go on an absolutely rancid run.
When we win 1 or 2, we look fairly formidable.

I wouldn’t put it past this team to win today then play like prime Brazil for the rest of the season. That’s being optimistic.

Realistically, we haven’t ever looked this bad under Neil, and i genuinely don’t know where the next win can come from.

A win today is absolutely essential. Not just for our season, but as a catalyst to better performances in the remaining games. And relieve some pressure on the manager, players and football club.

Lose today, it’s season over, and it will no doubt be really nasty on here. This could well be the most important game of our managers tenure here so far.

Neil talked about winning and losing in ‘batches’.

I fully agree. In fact I posted a thread on it earlier this season.
When we lose one or two, we go on an absolutely rancid run.
When we win 1 or 2, we look fairly formidable.

I wouldn’t put it past this team to win today then play like prime Brazil for the rest of the season. That’s being optimistic.

Realistically, we haven’t ever looked this bad under Neil, and i genuinely don’t know where the next win can come from.

A win today is absolutely essential. Not just for our season, but as a catalyst to better performances in the remaining games. And relieve some pressure on the manager, players and football club.

Lose today, it’s season over, and it will no doubt be really nasty on here. This could well be the most important game of our managers tenure here so far.
Yeah I agree with the bit in bold especially.

The worrying thing for me on Saturday was that we actually played well until we needed to try and score a goal. We’ve never been good at breaking sides down but what we were good at, counter attacking and playing quickly, we seem incapable of doing that at the moment. I think it’s a lack of confidence and Hopefully we can get some back with a win tonight but I’m not at all hopeful.

Yeah I agree with the bit in bold especially.

The worrying thing for me on Saturday was that we actually played well until we needed to try and score a goal. We’ve never been good at breaking sides down but what we were good at, counter attacking and playing quickly, we seem incapable of doing that at the moment. I think it’s a lack of confidence and Hopefully we can get some back with a win tonight but I’m not at all hopeful.

We looked much better on the counter attack on Saturday, just didn't quite have the cutting edge. This time last week vs Derby was much worse, I remember Potts trying to break, and most of the team was still sat holding position behind him, he had nobody to play it to.

Hard to see us getting anything from this. We're the lowest scoring away side in the division, and our recent record at Hillsborough is shocking. Hope I'm proven wrong.

I've no logic for this at all but I've a good feeling that we're actually going to grab a win tonight.

As said elsewhere- Sheff Wednesday were beginning to look like there were within sight of sixth place- but consecutive defeats have ended all possibilities. Hopefully we catch a demotivated team and that our unconfident team somehow takes advantage.

This play-off push is still absolutely alive. But we’re going to have to have quite a turnaround.

Didn’t realise Millwall had a 3pm kick off today. Probably to let all the Boro fans to make the long journey home at a reasonable time 😁

30min gone. 0-0

Didn’t realise Millwall had a 3pm kick off today. Probably to let all the Boro fans to make the long journey home at a reasonable time 😁

30min gone. 0-0

Not like there are supposed to be lots of fans knocking about but it’s probably to do with Wet Spam also having a game?

0-2

Really not impossible we get the opportunity to jump from 11th to 7th tonight.

EDIT: Full-time. In our own hands to finish above Millwall - who most saw as having the easiest run-in.... on paper. Good news.
Now to hope for home wins for WBA and Brum. Oh, and a home defeat for the Owls!

Last edited:
One last chance to make a challenge. I say that in hope rather than expectation but in this strange division you never know. Any team that spends time in 6th place seems to see their form drain away.