PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - St. Johnstone v PNE - 13/07/21 - KO19:00 - Friendly

Surely theres a few examples of this? bolton

Then the modern day version Coventry city, gotta feel for their supporters

So is that the only example of a team playing in a different town? I'm surprised there's not more, where the stadium happens to be 'across the border' in another town.
You're quite right. But, I did say the question was from a few years ago. Probably about 30 😁. If I'm not mistaken, Berwick Rangers played in the Scottish League, even though the town is in England.

So is that the only example of a team playing in a different town? I'm surprised there's not more, where the stadium happens to be 'across the border' in another town.

The New Saints in the Welsh Premier League have their stadium in Oswestry in Shropshire, 8 miles across the border from Llansantffraid in Powys where they were founded. They 'represent' both towns following a merge.
They always win the Welsh Premier League and personally don't think they should be in the Welsh Premier League, but hey ho. It's odd how there are Welsh teams in English leagues and vice versa.

The New Saints in the Welsh Premier League have their stadium in Oswestry in Shropshire, 8 miles across the border from Llansantffraid in Powys where they were founded. They 'represent' both towns following a merge.
They always win the Welsh Premier League and personally don't think they should be in the Welsh Premier League, but hey ho. It's odd how there are Welsh teams in English leagues and vice versa.
I remember a few years ago, 1980s I think, and Hereford and Shrewsbury regularly competed in the Welsh Cup. If they won it, they weren't allowed to compete in Europe though. Back then it was usually Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Wrexham who qualified for the European Cup Winners Cup.

Highlights now up on the club site:

Can't make too many observations but we did maybe seem a bit flat-footed defensively at times. Bauer plainly needs to get used to the pace of a game again but that is hardly surprising and there is no reason to think he won't. On the other hand Hudson looks quite substantial and Olusunde seems comfortable on the ball. A nice touch from Harrop as well.

Highlights now up on the club site:

Can't make too many observations but we did maybe seem a bit flat-footed defensively at times. Bauer plainly needs to get used to the pace of a game again but that is hardly surprising and there is no reason to think he won't. On the other hand Hudson looks quite substantial and Olusunde seems comfortable on the ball. A nice touch from Harrop as well.
Be careful there, the last poster to say something nice about Harrop got a lifetime ban !!!!!

Watched the Highlights.

Great hit by Whiteman
Naive by Hudson for their goal (he really needs to leave and find regular football, even if it's non-league)
Very clumsy by Bauer, nothing to do with pace, just stupidity. He also nearly cost us another goal with a lazy, blind back header.
Shocking penalty by them