Match Day - Stoke v PNE - 12/02/2020 - KO:20:00 - Championship

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
There is no law says you should wear a poppy. I wear one by choice and it should always be so.

I wearone, in the main, to honor my Grandad who lost his life. Wearing of the Poppy should always be a personal thing not one that should in any way be forced on people whether that be by dictat or by being singled out by attempting to shame people.
You’re right but his point was that McLean is a knobhead regardless of political beliefs, which is completely true.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
You’re right but his point was that McLean is a knobhead regardless of political beliefs, which is completely true.
The point is that there was no need to bring them up. Yes he is a bellend on the pitch but that's the only thing that matters

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
ryone and rorystowel like this

This is a post on the Stoke forum. He’s unsure that any Stoke player would get into PNE side.

Post by mermaidsal on 11 hours ago
Dominated the game, outplayed and outsmarted where it really mattered. tbh that's what top and bottom of this league look like. So how to rate Mick on tonight? He did a lot of things right and to me at least it didn't feel like another Derby. I'm not usually big on blaming players when problems could have been sorted with better training ground routines - but it didn't feel like that today either. We might have dominated but Preston had the quality to bother us constantly and that didn't help us make good decisions on the pitch when it mattered.

Wonder how many if any of our starting X1 would have got into that Preston side? I'm not sure anyone would and that speaks volumes.

So I'm saying either, too many players' limitations got shown up tonight - or, we've still got a few months' hard work before we've got the confidence as a squad to win games like this one.

A surprisingly generous 7* for MoN from me

add * if you were there please

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/293705/rate-oneill-preston#ixzz6DpKaKsbF

Ron Burgundy

Manager
ryone and rorystowel like this

This is a post on the Stoke forum. He’s unsure that any Stoke player would get into PNE side.

Post by mermaidsal on 11 hours ago
Dominated the game, outplayed and outsmarted where it really mattered. tbh that's what top and bottom of this league look like. So how to rate Mick on tonight? He did a lot of things right and to me at least it didn't feel like another Derby. I'm not usually big on blaming players when problems could have been sorted with better training ground routines - but it didn't feel like that today either. We might have dominated but Preston had the quality to bother us constantly and that didn't help us make good decisions on the pitch when it mattered.

Wonder how many if any of our starting X1 would have got into that Preston side? I'm not sure anyone would and that speaks volumes.

So I'm saying either, too many players' limitations got shown up tonight - or, we've still got a few months' hard work before we've got the confidence as a squad to win games like this one.

A surprisingly generous 7* for MoN from me

add * if you were there please

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/293705/rate-oneill-preston#ixzz6DpKaKsbF
The only ones I would be interested in would be Tyrese Campbell and Lee Gregory.

Ince, Allen, Chester, Clucas, Batth ext are perfect examples of players where they have had one or two good games in their career or have come from a pedigree and therefore are overpriced and inflated.

pne1881

Manager
There is no law says you should wear a poppy. I wear one by choice and it should always be so.

I wearone, in the main, to honor my Grandad who lost his life. Wearing of the Poppy should always be a personal thing not one that should in any way be forced on people whether that be by dictat or by being singled out by attempting to shame people.
Personal choice mate absolutely I get that & this isn't the time or place to have a full scale debate on whether he is right or wrong.

What doesn't sit well with me though is he's quite happy to ply his trade in the UK & earn thousands of pounds a week on the one hand but on the other quite clearly (putting it politely & choosing my words carefully) has a "problem" with the UK in general.

Realistic

First Team
Actually that’s a nice choice
ive been wandering down the Argentine Malbec road of late. Not too heavy but plenty of flavour
for £7 at booths a bottle of secretary bird is worth a punt also
For every one decent bottle at Booths, you can get almost two at Aldi. Even Trev shops there. Well I saw someone that looked like him.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
The only ones I would be interested in would be Tyrese Campbell and Lee Gregory.

Ince, Allen, Chester, Clucas, Batth ext are perfect examples of players where they have had one or two good games in their career or have come from a pedigree and therefore are overpriced and inflated.
I think Joe Allen has had more than 1 or 2 good games... and a lot in the Premier League. He has been a top player, but has the look of someone who is 34/35 and not 29.

What was noticeable, particularly in the first half was how much quicker our midfield was than theres. DJ drifted away from his opposite number a good few times.

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
Look so much stronger with Andrew Hughes back.

(y)
There is an obvious better balance to the back four though to be fair to Rafferty he has been a bit more aggressive and adventurous when moving forward though maybe Hughes is a bit more solid defensively.

sf

Advisor to the Owner
There is an obvious better balance to the back four though to be fair to Rafferty he has been a bit more aggressive and adventurous when moving forward though maybe Hughes is a bit more solid defensively.
Rafferty more adventurous going forward than Hughes?
What the fuck?

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
The only problem I have seen with Hughes this season is keeping him fit. He is key in defence and the perfect foil to the way Fisher plays on the right.

Reactions: rem

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
The only problem I have seen with Hughes this season is keeping him fit. He is key in defence and the perfect foil to the way Fisher plays on the right.
Yeah. He's so far played 2 games and had a spell of missing 7 games, came back for 1 and then missed 4, back for 4 (didnt' play in 2) and then out for 4, back for 7 and then out for 5. Back for 2 so far.

Last season before injury ended his season he'd only missed 6 games.