Match Day - Stoke v PNE - 12/02/2020 - KO:20:00 - Championship

Delaney

Forum Patron
Patron
According to the bloke they're chatting to at half time on my stream (I think the Stoke ifollow) Rudd has won our player of the year 2 or 3
Personal choice mate absolutely I get that & this isn't the time or place to have a full scale debate on whether he is right or wrong.

What doesn't sit well with me though is he's quite happy to ply his trade in the UK & earn thousands of pounds a week on the one hand but on the other quite clearly (putting it politely & choosing my words carefully) has a "problem" with the UK in general.
I think he has a problem with the government of the UK, which is also true of loads of people born here and shouldn't bar him from working here

Yan89

Forum Patron
Patron
Just about come down from last night - I bloody love watching David Nugent play football in a North End shirt. What a class season it's been so far!

Mate of mine (who's a Leeds fan) just sent me a screenshot of a facebook page (I don't have facebook so can't link the article but the page is here: https://www.facebook.com/EFLChampManiacs/)

The cost of Preston's most used starting XI this season:

Rudd - £1 million
Fisher - £0
Bauer - £0
Hughes - £0
Pearson - £100k
Gallagher - £0
Barkhuizen - £0
Johnson - £50k
Maguire - £100k
Stockley - £750k

Total cost: £2 million

I know they've only put 10 players down but still...

sf

Advisor to the Owner

Rudd - £500k
Fisher - £0
Bauer - £0
Hughes - £200k
Pearson - £350k
Gallagher - £0
Barkhuizen - £150k
Johnson - £50k
Browne - £10k
Maguire - £125k
Stockley - £750k

A bit closer ITKers?

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron

Rudd - £500k
Fisher - £0
Bauer - £0
Hughes - £200k
Pearson - £350k
Gallagher - £0
Barkhuizen - £150k
Johnson - £50k
Browne - £10k
Maguire - £125k
Stockley - £750k

A bit closer ITKers?
IIRC, last nights team.

Rudd - £600k
Fisher - Free
Bauer - Free
Davies - Youth
Hughes - £200k
Pearson - £300k
Browne - £10k
Sinclair - Free
DJ - £50k
Barkhuizen - £150k
Maguire - £250k

Subs Used
Nugent - Free
Gallagher - Free

Total - £1.56m

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron

Rudd - £500k
Fisher - £0
Bauer - £0
Hughes - £200k
Pearson - £350k
Gallagher - £0
Barkhuizen - £150k
Johnson - £50k
Browne - £10k
Maguire - £125k
Stockley - £750k

A bit closer ITKers?
Yeah they are all correct.

kingpne

Forum Patron
Patron
IIRC, last nights team.

Rudd - £600k
Fisher - Free
Bauer - Free
Davies - Youth
Hughes - £200k
Pearson - £300k
Browne - £10k
Sinclair - Free
DJ - £50k
Barkhuizen - £150k
Maguire - £250k

Subs Used
Nugent - Free
Gallagher - Free

Total - £1.56m
Maguire had a €150,000 release clause in his contract if I remember rightly.

pne1881

Manager
I think he has a problem with the government of the UK, which is also true of loads of people born here and shouldn't bar him from working here
I was being polite. You & I both know it’s nothing to do with the government, there’s far more to it than that.

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
It’s not about who governs the UK now. He doesn’t wear a poppy due to historic events in Northern Ireland.

mapping

Forum Patron
Patron
My Grandad and Grandma both served second world war, my uncle served ( various tours ) my brother served ( various tours) I have served (various tours) and I dont wear a poppy , I always donate to the old boys sat there and have a chin wag with them ... there is no reason for me not wearing one ? I just dont ...........

BenPearsonIsGod

Advisor to the Owner
My Grandad and Grandma both served second world war, my uncle served ( various tours ) my brother served ( various tours) I have served (various tours) and I dont wear a poppy , I always donate to the old boys sat there and have a chin wag with them ... there is no reason for me not wearing one ? I just dont ...........
Same. I think a few people wear one just so they can post a picture of it on social media to virtue signal. I donate every year but have never worn a poppy, red isn't my colour.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
I think Joe Allen has had more than 1 or 2 good games... and a lot in the Premier League. He has been a top player, but has the look of someone who is 34/35 and not 29.

What was noticeable, particularly in the first half was how much quicker our midfield was than theres. DJ drifted away from his opposite number a good few times.
Yes, the idea that Joe Allen has only had one or two good games during his career is laughable. He’s not one who would improve us now but he’s had a very good career.

Chester has also had a more than reasonable career and a Clucas has improved now that he seems to have an identifiable role at Stoke - under previous managers he appeared to be drifting but the new manager has got more out of him.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Just about come down from last night - I bloody love watching David Nugent play football in a North End shirt. What a class season it's been so far!

Mate of mine (who's a Leeds fan) just sent me a screenshot of a facebook page (I don't have facebook so can't link the article but the page is here: https://www.facebook.com/EFLChampManiacs/)

The cost of Preston's most used starting XI this season:

Rudd - £1 million
Fisher - £0
Bauer - £0
Hughes - £0
Pearson - £100k
Gallagher - £0
Barkhuizen - £0
Johnson - £50k
Maguire - £100k
Stockley - £750k

Total cost: £2 million

I know they've only put 10 players down but still...
9 on that list.

They missed Davies but he was free anyway.
They left out Browne who has missed 1 game this season and cost about the cost of his flight.
Stockley is nowhere near being in our most used XI.

However the point they made is a valid one, and is detailed in the other posts.

Not the greatest game to watch, blatantly obvious in every game that we are a striker short of a good team.
gamesmanship and time wasting by us isn‘t pleasant to watch, can’t stand it personally, no wonder it makes opposition fans apoplectic ! If it was an Olympic sport, Fisher would be a multiple gold medalist 😂
We are a good team. Stoke shitty had what was coming to them.