PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Stoke v PNE - 12/02/2020 - KO:20:00 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
index.php

image.php
1880badge.png

Stoke City V Preston North End
Wednesday 12th February 2020 , Kick Off 8PM
Championship
All links to streaming sites will be deleted.
Match Preview: From The Finney -
An independent, fan-run website on Preston North End.

Big chance for PNE to cement our position this evening. Last night's results fell quite nicely for us. Stoke are in reasonable form, but we've already shown against Barnsley and Huddersfield that we have the right approach to show in form weaker teams up as just that.

COYW!

If you haven't got Sky or something 'more technical' the game is available to watch the in the uK on I follow for a tenner.

Difficult to see much argument for changing anything from Saturday's starting line-up. If Hughes is fit then he and Fisher have to be the fullbacks. In what might be a rough match is there a case for using Stockley's presence right from the stat? I thought Johnson perhaps flagged a bit over the last 20 minutes on Saturday - not surprising given how recently he has returned from a lay-off - and if we can then we maybe ought to think in terms of using him for just 60-70 minutes tonight. This is likely to be a match in which the cleverness with which AN uses back-up options could be a factor. If we can get all the points tonight then we can begin to feel we are closing in not just on a play-off place but maybe even....

Difficult to see much argument for changing anything from Saturday's starting line-up. If Hughes is fit then he and Fisher have to be the fullbacks. In what might be a rough match is there a case for using Stockley's presence right from the stat? I thought Johnson perhaps flagged a bit over the last 20 minutes on Saturday - not surprising given how recently he has returned from a lay-off - and if we can then we maybe ought to think in terms of using him for just 60-70 minutes tonight. This is likely to be a match in which the cleverness with which AN uses back-up options could be a factor. If we can get all the points tonight then we can begin to feel we are closing in not just on a play-off place but maybe even....
HI Ernest

I agree that we should not change. I don't think we should start with Stockley. We are good enough to play the game our way and not get dragged into how Stoke want this game to go.

We are a classy side (even the BBC report versus Wigan said so) so we should not #teamslikestoke drag us down into shit housery :cool:

HI Ernest

I agree that we should not change. I don't think we should start with Stockley. We are good enough to play the game our way and not get dragged into how Stoke want this game to go.

Yes agreed - I was flying a kite there though as I've made clear at other times I actually think Stockley is a more clever player than he gets credit for.

It is going to be a tough game indeed, and one which will mean a great deal to us but nothing much to Stoke. I'm sure that AN has done his homework and seen how big all those defenders are who come up for corners, I sincerely hope he does not play Clarke as RB, a RB he is not and never will be. Let's just be us and take the game to them, nothing less than a 2 goal lead at half time would be enough to see these Potters off, they're stronger after the break and we are usually weaker. Wouldn't it be brilliant to see a player like Sinclair or Maguire getting a couple tonight, hat trick anyone?

As AN likes a horses-for-courses team line-up, he might go for Barky as centre forward, as he did for home game v Stoke. Maguire was wide left (Nugent out injured). Not sure whether Stoke defensive personnel have changed though. Just hope their keeper plays like he did at Deepdale.

As AN likes a horses-for-courses team line-up, he might go for Barky as centre forward, as he did for home game v Stoke. Maguire was wide left (Nugent out injured). Not sure whether Stoke defensive personnel have changed though. Just hope their keeper plays like he did at Deepdale.
James Chester plays for them now

It is going to be a tough game indeed, and one which will mean a great deal to us but nothing much to Stoke. I'm sure that AN has done his homework and seen how big all those defenders are who come up for corners, I sincerely hope he does not play Clarke as RB, a RB he is not and never will be. Let's just be us and take the game to them, nothing less than a 2 goal lead at half time would be enough to see these Potters off, they're stronger after the break and we are usually weaker. Wouldn't it be brilliant to see a player like Sinclair or Maguire getting a couple tonight, hat trick anyone?
They are in a relegation battle. It’s an important game for them as well.

Biggest game of the season. I’m in work with Sky go at the ready.

Probably picking up my p45 up if it goes Pete Tongue early on. Can’t control my emotions watching football