PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day Thread - Bolton v PNE - 9/02/19 - KO:15:00 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
View attachment 11

12 View attachment 13 15 16

270px-Bolton_Wanderers_FC_logo.svg.png
PNE_FC.png

Bolton Wanderers v Preston North End

9th February 2019 - Kick Off 3pm
Championship

Any links to illegal streams will be deleted.
Match Preview: BBC Sport
Bolton defender Jack Hobbs (Achilles) is out while full-back Andy Taylor is doubtful with a knock.
Goalkeeper Ben Alnwick (back) could be available as the Trotters go in search of their first league win since 26 December.
Preston boss Alex Neil could name the same starting XI for the fourth successive match.
Second choice goalkeeper Connor Ripley suffered an ankle injury in training and may be ruled out for some time.
Match facts
  • Bolton are winless in their last five league games against Preston (D3 L2), with their last such win over them coming in January 2001 (2-0).
  • Preston have won each of their last two away games at Bolton in league competition, after losing each of the three prior to this.
  • Bolton have won just one of their last 20 league games (D5 L14), winning 2-1 against Rotherham on Boxing Day.
  • Preston have conceded more headed goals than any other Championship team this season (16), with six of their last eight goals conceded coming via a header.
  • Preston are looking to record three consecutive clean sheets in league competition for the first time since a run of six ending in November 2015.
  • Fourteen of Bolton's last 16 Championship goals have come in open play, including each of the last seven.

Attachments

• button_live-football-scores.png
    button_live-football-scores.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 16,188
Last edited:
Also please say Hello to our Resident Lasher, LBD who sits watching our matchday threads and like's my animations

*Middlesbrough 1-0 Leeds

Gutted I can't make it today, due to family reasons. Enjoy it those who are there. Be watching it closely on I Follow

That's probably the team I would have picked, though I may have started with Stockley and replaced him with Maguire on the hour. Very strong bench

In the prediction league I've gone for a 2-0 away win but I've a feeling we'll tear them a new one today. Somebody will get a hammering and it could be Bolton.⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Hopefully show the necessary hunger and attitude required to return with 3 points and close the gap between us and the teams above us.
No room for complacency. Come on Preston onwards and upwards!

Disappointed to see Barky in for Stockley. All the clamour for a new striker, and AN gives him 4 games in which he's done fine, before dropping him.

no match can ever be taken for granted. If our work rate drops weve seen too many times what can happen.

surprised Stockleys been dropped but I trust the gaffer.

Disappointed to see Barky in for Stockley. All the clamour for a new striker, and AN gives him 4 games in which he's done fine, before dropping him.
I don't think he has dropped him. I think he has looked at the opposition and thought we have a better chance with nippy runners and Stockley as plan B. Different plans for different games.

Absolutely it's a squad game. Have to guard against complacency today. Will take an almighty effort even to reach the top ten but we are capable.