PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day Thread - Bolton v PNE - 9/02/19 - KO:15:00 - Championship

It’s easy to look good in the centre circle.

He doesn’t just stand in the centre circle, he covers a fair bit of ground between both boxes, on and off the ball.

We have enough goals from our more offensive / offensively positioned midfielders.

Baffles me that anyone would expect goals from him, he’s a holding midfielder and if you want him to charge into the box a lot looking for goals, then expect large gaps in our midfield and constant counter attacking against us.

He doesn’t just stand in the centre circle, he covers a fair bit of ground between both boxes, on and off the ball.

We have enough goals from our more offensive / offensively positioned midfielders.

Baffles me that anyone would expect goals from him, he’s a holding midfielder and if you want him to charge into the box a lot looking for goals, then expect large gaps in our midfield and constant counter attacking against us.

Totally agree, but he can be a driving force forward if necessary. I've seen games where we were totally lacklustre and it was almost as if he thought 'fuck this, let's make something happen' and he's driven forward and taken a pot shot. He's great at what he does and is clearly being told to play that way, but if AN ever changed the setup and maybe had Ledson in as well it could give Pearson the opportunity to drive forward more. Whether he can finish or not, I don't know, but he can certainly make things happen.

Great win yesterday.Apart from everyone playing well its pleasing to see Rudd and Fisher are back in form.
On a different matter,we should have had a pen for handball early in the game.

Saw that this morning, did make me chuckle.
Especially liked the comments on Grounds & Connelly. ?

This was funny as well......

............... and can only thank the opposition for their wasteful finishing which avoided us losing by at least five goals.