Match Day Thread - Middlesbrough v PNE - 13/02/19 - KO:19:45 - Championship

sf

Manager
350+ tickets sold.

Suppose it's on TV and I'm guessing the train is out of the question in terms of getting back to Preston.

kingpne

Manager
350+ tickets sold.

Suppose it's on TV and I'm guessing the train is out of the question in terms of getting back to Preston.
I love midweek away games, especially as we're playing well at the minute. If we play as well as we did there last season we'll win.

Looking forward to this.

Yan89

Forum Patron
Patron
Taken from their thread on this fixture:
Britt is likely to be dropped for daring to be a fan favourite and being annoyed at being subbed. I have no idea what the team will be but I'm going to hazard a guess that it's going to be defensive and full of man mountains.

Preston managed to keep their 1-0 lead intact, so congrats to them for knowing how to football. You'll find us a team with zero aspirations, kind of like that pokemon who only knows how to defend and doesn't even do that well.

As you can tell, I'm pretty fed up at the moment but I'll be there on Wed to cheer to boys on and then cry into my new West Stand scarf on the way home. (incidentally the new scarf makers get the thumbs up its lovely and thick, very toasty).

UTB

Walmer88

Reserve
May be an issue with trains if the weather has had anything to do with it. I was at Poulton station for the 05:25 this morning - 1st one didn’t turn up and the next was 10 minutes late because of weather. So god knows what a longer journey later on will be like.

With regards to the game, their fans really aren’t confident tonight and doesn’t look like they will be turning out in numbers either. I’m feeling quiet confident we could get a good result tonight.

Yan89

Forum Patron
Patron
It'll be a hugely toxic atmosphere there tonight - so, so much contempt for Pulis on their message boards.. he subbed their centre forward for a defender at home with 30 mins to go when they were 1-0 up and lost 2-1 in their last game. If we can capitalise on that, I'm confident we'll come away with all 3 points a extend this away run

Mancunian White

First Team
Today is a statement of intent in my opinion. We're the form side in the league, beat a team in playoffs to close the gap and teams will sit up and take notice.

Massive game tonight.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Win tonight and it isn't just about 6th, 5th suddenly appears on the very very near horizon.

Game on!!

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Win tonight and it isn't just about 6th, 5th suddenly appears on the very very near horizon.

Game on!!
Correct. I actually think the other teams around us will want us to win tonight because it drags Middlesbrough back into the mix and suddenly it looks like there might be 2 spaces available.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Correct. I actually think the other teams around us will want us to win tonight because it drags Middlesbrough back into the mix and suddenly it looks like there might be 2 spaces available.
Exactly Tino.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Boro must be the team that we're due a win against more than anyone else.

• Middlesbrough are unbeaten in 13 games against Preston in all competitions (W7 D6 L0) since a 0-1 defeat in January 1987.
  • Preston's last league win against Middlesbrough was in April 1972 - they are winless in 13 games since then.

ernest

Manager
Went to the old Ayrsome Park a long time ago for a first match of the season. We went 1-0 up shortly after half-time with a goal from Willie Irvine but eventually lost 2-1 with one their goals a very harsh penalty after the ball bounced awkwardly and hit John Ritchie on the hand. Br good to even that up even after all this time.

pet shop boy

Forum Patron
Patron
Difficult away fixture but nothing to be afraid of. Could go either way but we’re playing with such confidence that on our day we can beat any team. Just need Lady Luck to smile on us.