PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day Thread - Middlesbrough v PNE - 13/02/19 - KO:19:45 - Championship

D1j0dOrWwAAPh0O.jpg

Wtf, now i'm slightly concerned about the Rafferty signing, Earl in purely for his height??

No Potts or Barkhuizen is a blow

I imagine Neil has put Hughes at RB. Putting at left back that gets caught out positionally like earl at right back would be suicidal. I have confidence in Hughes. Cunningham played right hand side on occasion and did well.
Potts and Barky missing a big blow but let’s keep the faith!!

3 center backs possibly but Earls height against a big physical team probably swung it. If he’s struggling he can be replaced with Rafferty. Gives him a chance to stake a claim and make sure he’s not forgotten. AN is a big believer in horses for courses and will have studied their formation and moves.

I imagine Neil has put Hughes at RB. Putting at left back that gets caught out positionally like earl at right back would be suicidal. I have confidence in Hughes. Cunningham played right hand side on occasion and did well.
More to the injuries than we're being told?
Just seems odd neither make the squad, thought at least one would make the bench if not the 11.

Greg played RB at Fulham and he was clueless..... Josh has never played there in my time watching him (his dad would know).

Must be a height thing.....plus pushing up the left as a wing back.... Hughes; Davies and Storey as a back 3 ????????????

Got some quality players Boro but that looks a really negative selection, always concerned about that Assombalonga though, class striker.

Giant defence.

Randolph
Shotton, Flint, Ayala, Friend
Howson, Mikel, Besic
Wing
Assombalonga, Fletcher
Zero width, gutted we don't have Barky tonight.

Greg played RB at Fulham and he was clueless..... Josh has never played there in my time watching him (his dad would know).

Must be a height thing.....plus pushing up the left as a wing back.... Hughes; Davies and Storey as a back 3 ????????????

If it is 3 5 2 with Earl at LWB, presumably that means Nmecha at RWB?