PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day Thread - Middlesbrough v PNE - 13/02/19 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Missed the second half, unbelievable when I checked the score.
Keeps up our momentum, who knows where we’ll end up this season. After being bottom with all the trials and tribulations we’ve endured, the position we’re in now seemed like cloud cuckoo land then.
Proud to be a nobber, of all things PNE. On to Saturday. COYW!!!!!

You cannot be Offside if the last touch was from the oppo's player.

Correct decision made.

It is, of course, where other players were when Hughes hit the ball not when it took the deflection that counts. But the linesman had no doubts - you can see him flag down and running back towards the centre as soon as the ball goes in.

Correct decision made.

Its the initial shot that matters - Stockley looks comfortably level to me. Bit of luck to get the looping deflection as the defenders were all stepping up but after all those injuries we deserve things to go our way for a change.

Did Fulham not do this last year? They were miles off it weren’t they not? Because it was after playing us at their place that they seemed to pick up...

Did Fulham not do this last year? They were miles off it weren’t they not? Because it was after playing us at their place that they seemed to pick up...

I think that was October 2017, 2-2. Seani did his hamstring for the first time and they equalised in the 96th minute.

10 unbeaten and you still manage to be this negative?

its true , you cant deny that , have you seen the last few games , its hoof ball , yes were winning ugly and long may it continue , but hoof ball it is
certainly the last two games !!

its true , you cant deny that , have you seen the last few games , its hoof ball , yes were winning ugly and long may it continue , but hoof ball it is
certainly the last two games !!

I wasn't at boro but I was at Blackburn where I saw a team outplayed in midfield but certainly not hoofing it. What did you think of the goal there? I saw a goal where the ball didn't leave the ground from one penalty area to the other until Johnson hit it.

Correct decision made.
Only if they make a deliberate attempt to play the ball. You could argue that they were deliberately attempting to block the shot but I don't think that's how the rule is supposed to be interpreted.

Only if they make a deliberate attempt to play the ball. You could argue that they were deliberately attempting to block the shot but I don't think that's how the rule is supposed to be interpreted.
A Grey area then.

I personally thought they were trying to play the ball via a block thus playing us onside.

Is VAR entering The Championship next season or did I mishear on the radio last night?

A pen for what?

Nemecha was fouled when we were 2-1 up.

For all Middlesbrough's 1st half dominance all they had to show was a deflected goal.

Formation, width and getting the ball down made a big difference in the 2nd half.

Nemecha was fouled when we were 2-1 up.

For all Middlesbrough's 1st half dominance all they had to show was a deflected goal.

Formation, width and getting the ball down made a big difference in the 2nd half.

Yeah, outside the box.

A very happy striker....

_106015028_stockleygpoalgetty.jpg

Extended highlights from club site:

In fairness to Earl who seems to have got a bit of flak he did well coping with that rebound off the post in the first half - controlled the ball and put it safely out of play with one of their players right on his back. The run and pull back from Barker for the shot by Johnson late on are tremendous.

Extended highlights from club site:

In fairness to Earl who seems to have got a bit of flak he did well coping with that rebound off the post in the first half - controlled the ball and put it safely out of play with one of their players right on his back.
Literally the only thing he did well.

He was constantly out of position, couldn't control the ball and misplaced almost every pass he made. It was painful to watch. I really hope Jerry isn't reading this but if you come on to a forum of a club your son plays for then unfortunately you will have to read comments like this. It's nothing personal.