PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day Thread - Middlesbrough v PNE - 13/02/19 - KO:19:45 - Championship

I think that was October 2017, 2-2. Seani did his hamstring for the first time and they equalised in the 96th minute.

Yep.

I was there Sid, absolutely arseholed.???

Coping quite well until Maxwell tried coming through a crowd of players to the edge of the 18 yard box to drop the ball at their players fee with virtually the last touch of the game.????

I think Earl’s dad is not daft enough to know how good or bad his lad played but he will also know that he was brought into the team having not played for ages and into a team playing a formation they rarely if ever play.

Josh is a good young player and his day will come.

Correct, he came off the bench vs Swansea after not playing in the previous 7, was sent off and hadn't played a minute since before playing out of position last night.

So in the last 17 games before last night he'd made one sub appearance. I doubt the management will be overly critical of his performance.

A very happy striker....

_106015028_stockleygpoalgetty.jpg
Freddie Flintof’s twin brother !

Don’t they usually add an extra game on for wasting their time?

Hopefully. Brett Ormerod knows a thing or two about broken legs so when he says that tackle was dangerous and a potentially damaging to Barker's leg(s) I believe him.

You cannot be Offside if the last touch was from the oppo's player.

Correct decision made.
that may well be true and Ive no idea if it then depends on the refs opinion about 'intension to play it'.

However what i have always known is you CANT be offside when you are ONSIDE and at the point Hughes shoots Stockley; Davies and Maguire are all onside....

Having seen it a few times on TV, according to the laws has they stand, the referee was correct in showing the red card to Ayala and to Ben earlier in the season
My personal opinion is the game has gone a bit soft on tackling
BUT it is no longer enough by the PRESENT laws to say a player ‘got the ball’ If a Ref thinks the tackle was dangerous even so, he must caution the player, and that means in HIS opinion ether Red or Yellow, depending again in HIS opinion on the force used
Middlesbrough can appeal certainly, but I expect like Ben’s it will fail

Just watching the replay of Gallys free kick and I think it takes a slight deflection?

Anyone else noticed this?

boro dont have a leg to stand on with that appea, he didn’t even get the ball, barker knocks it pas him and he connects with his arse after hitting barker. It’s reckless, and off the ground and doesnt win the ball. certain red.

At least with pearos he clearly got the ball and momentum took him thru the man