PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day Thread - PNE v Norwich City - 13/02/2019 - KO:17:45 - Championship

I did like Daniel Farke ans always thought he was fair and honest in his remarks but listening to his interview on Radio Norfolk after the game he sounds like a very bad loser. I guess it is easy when you are winning and top of the Championship but I think the stress of tonight's defeat by a better team has got to him:
Norwich manager Daniel Farke told BBC Radio Norfolk: "We didn't start on the front foot. It was also a bit unlucky because we conceded a free-kick that wasn't a free-kick, but we should have defended the situation.
"Preston are in really good shape and it is difficult. Their penalty was a complete joke. It was never a penalty and then we missed a penalty, which was a good height for the goalkeeper. The penalty is a crucial situation and you must use it.
"We had 22 shots on goal and created plenty of chances. They had four shots on target and scored three goals. We did not deserve to lose, but it was one of those games."

Sounds like sour farkeing grapes to me......

I did like Daniel Farke ans always thought he was fair and honest in his remarks but listening to his interview on Radio Norfolk after the game he sounds like a very bad loser. I guess it is easy when you are winning and top of the Championship but I think the stress of tonight's defeat by a better team has got to him:
Norwich manager Daniel Farke told BBC Radio Norfolk: "We didn't start on the front foot. It was also a bit unlucky because we conceded a free-kick that wasn't a free-kick, but we should have defended the situation.
"Preston are in really good shape and it is difficult. Their penalty was a complete joke. It was never a penalty and then we missed a penalty, which was a good height for the goalkeeper. The penalty is a crucial situation and you must use it.
"We had 22 shots on goal and created plenty of chances. They had four shots on target and scored three goals. We did not deserve to lose, but it was one of those games."

He’s just another sunbed grabber, and bad loser.

Rudd had an excellent game .... but please, please, stop the amateur dramatics !!!
Yes , he got pushed over, but to stay down like he’d been shot in the head isn’t necessary, he did exactly the same at Bolton after they got their goal, he got a little kick on the ankle, and yes, collapsed like he’d been shot in the head !!!
Its embarrassing, if you’re reading this Mr Rudd, please cut it out, if you want to look back on your career as a top keeper, things like this lose you “respect “

Worthy of repeating again. We started the weekend 12 points away from a possible play off place. Today we are 8 points off that place. Lets dare to dream because I get the impression that AN and the team certainly are. Playing some of the best football weve seen in many a year.

Delighted to see Rudd in such fantastic form after THAT howler. A fair few supporters are hopefully eating their words. Class shithousing as well.?

Talking points aside, I enjoyed the match thoroughly. Norwich were a major reason for that, so credit to them, a very good side, humbled in the first half by North End.

Worthy of repeating again. We started the weekend 12 points away from a possible play off place. Today we are 8 points off that place. Lets dare to dream because I get the impression that AN and the team certainly are. Playing some of the best football weve seen in many a year.

Need to win 12 out of 14 I reckon.

Add to this raefil.....on the morning of the QPR game we were 100/1 with Skybet to make the playoffs, now we are 16/1.
I still think we only have a slim chance but having any chance of the playoffs is an achievement in itself.

Add to this raefil.....on the morning of the QPR game we were 100/1 with Skybet to make the playoffs, now we are 16/1.
I still think we only have a slim chance but having any chance of the playoffs is an achievement in itself.

Someone said that up until very recently (possibly only 3 games ago?), we were 6/1 to make the top half. That WAS a good bet to take.

Let’s just enjoy the ride, and whatever will be...........

Their penalty... I'm really not sure. From Pearson's viewpoint. Their lad is coming in to challenge from the side and is so late, he runs into Pearson's legs, quite some time after the ball has gone. You could almost argue that their lad did a late tackle! Ben's feet are off the ground, which goes against him but I think the fact that he was not moving in the direction of their player, it should not really be classed as a foul. Definitely not a penalty 3 or 4 years ago... and I don't THINK it should have been one tonight.

Come off it, it's a pen 100%.

First half was the best we've played for quite a while I think and the 2nd half was a good defensive and goalie performance. The finish by Maguire was absolutely brilliant as well.

Special mention for Fisher who was outstanding.

On the target thread with 16 games left I said win 12, draw 2, lose 2 gives us 75 points and a squeak @ 6th place....
we ONLY have to win ten now ?

I don’t think 75 pts will secure 6th place personally. I reckon it could be much closer to 80, 78 or 79 perhaps. The league is too close for it to be fewer than that IMO. Could be very few points between 6th and top even!

Come off it, it's a pen 100%.

You're probably right on recent interpretation of the rules.

I don’t think 75 pts will secure 6th place personally. I reckon it could be much closer to 80, 78 or 79 perhaps. The league is too close for it to be fewer than that IMO. Could be very few points between 6th and top even!

So I think you're saying that we can go for automatic ;)

They had 10 shots on target for one, not 22 - and the four shots on target didn't include the Potts crossbar effort and his sitter and countless other times we cut them open.

Clearly gone to the school of Klopp it seems

Farke's one sided description of the game does him no credit - compared to the 'much maligned' Lampard who paid credit to how well we played.

The majority of comments from Norwich fans on their forum much more even handed and fair. Puts Farke in a bad light.