PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day Thread - PNE v Nottingham Forest - 16/02/19 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Forest came with a game plan and executed it well albeit aided by a weak referee, who allowed a very physical game to take place. We couldn’t get Pearson or Gally on the ball nearly enough to create anything. As AN pointed out in post match, the first 15 was key to us, 3 big opportunities all spurned, one of them should be taken and then who knows.
Forest are no mugs and will beat teams in and around the top 6 for sure, and considering the effort put in Wednesday its a decent point.
Worth noting that the pitch looks poor, and this didn’t help our passing game one bit, forests direct style was far better suited to it.
They were first to every ball and defensively well drilled as you would expect under the current management team. This is the sort of game we would have lost before Christmas so I'll take a point all day.

Reckon that was the first time we have kicked towards the town end in the first half under ANs reign at the club. Would imagine it was another ploy by O'neil to throw us.
The pitch looked like it had deteriorated since Wednesday ,cutting up more and at times the ball started to bobble.

Toughie next saturday, into the lions Den.

Lets hope that they are massively distracted by their up and coming FA Cup QF.......

They were first to every ball and defensively well drilled as you would expect under the current management team. This is the sort of game we would have lost before Christmas so I'll take a point all day.
Yeah, i must admit before yesterdays game i wouldnt have been surprised with a home defeat ( especially after our great result against Norwich )

At least it will not be the 'old' Den - now a nearby housing estate but at one time the most unpleasant place to watch football I have ever experienced. The new stadium with its open corners cannot generate the same claustrophobic intimidating atmosphere. The main thing from our point-of-view in the meantime is that the lads get a good rest and are really up for it.

Reckon that was the first time we have kicked towards the town end in the first half under ANs reign at the club. Would imagine it was another ploy by O'neil to throw us.
The pitch looked like it had deteriorated since Wednesday ,cutting up more and at times the ball started to bobble.

I think that the reason we played towards the Town End first was because they won the toss and the sun was in our goalies eyes.

Forest came with a game plan and executed it well albeit aided by a weak referee, who allowed a very physical game to take place. We couldn’t get Pearson or Gally on the ball nearly enough to create anything. As AN pointed out in post match, the first 15 was key to us, 3 big opportunities all spurned, one of them should be taken and then who knows.
Forest are no mugs and will beat teams in and around the top 6 for sure, and considering the effort put in Wednesday its a decent point.
Worth noting that the pitch looks poor, and this didn’t help our passing game one bit, forests direct style was far better suited to it.
The pitch is a surprise. I know the weather hasn't been great but we normally have one of the best in the league.

A dreadful game to watch, one of the poorest I've seen in a while. But, as others have said, that was a game we would have lost earlier in the season and the defence is looking very solid.

What puzzled me was how we steadily made the game narrower as it wore on, it just played into Forests hands. Why wasnt Barky deployed right out on the right touchline to run at them. There was acres of space all afternoon for Fisher to run into. Sadly, attacking wise he was awful. Not his fault, that's not his game. But it was bizarre we didn't exploit it with players who could. We seemed to obsessed with 'matching them up' which usually results in stalemate.

[
There was acres of space all afternoon for Fisher to run into. Sadly, attacking wise he was awful.

We seemed to play three at the back yesterday with Fisher further forward almost as a right-sided midfielder. He did well hassling the opposition in that role especially when he drifted in-field but his greatest weakness remains his poor use of the ball when he gets right forward and has a chance to cross from the byeline. He rarely shows any great intent on such occasions but just hits and hopes. The incident early on yesterday was typical.

Lets hope that they are massively distracted by their up and coming FA Cup QF.......
Millwall play away at derby weds night, so hopefully a tired Millwall while we will have had a clear week to recover

Can't complain with 4pts from Norwich and Forest, with only one conceded.

Pukki, Rhodes, Grabban & Murphy.... how much are they earning? About £30k a week each?

Can't complain with 4pts from Norwich and Forest, with only one conceded.

Pukki, Rhodes, Grabban & Murphy.... how much are they earning? About £30k a week each?
Pukki may not be earning anywhere near that much given he signed on for free during the summer. As for Rhodes his 12 month loan alone has cost Norwich £1million, Grabban and Murphy it wouldn't surprise me if they were at least on that amount.

Pukki may not be earning anywhere near that much given he signed on for free during the summer. As for Rhodes his 12 month loan alone has cost Norwich £1million, Grabban and Murphy it wouldn't surprise me if they were at least on that amount.

Not sure about Pukki, he left Brondby because they wouldn't meet his wage demands.

Been on the books of Celtic, Schalke and Sevilla. Will be on good money.

Not sure about Pukki, he left Brondby because they wouldn't meet his wage demands.

Been on the books of Celtic, Schalke and Sevilla. Will be on good money.
Yet he did nothing at any of those clubs, it was only his last season at Bromby that he started to score goals that is why I don't think he will be on £30K per week yet. However, when they renew his contract I'm sure City will bump his wages right up to be one of their top earners.