PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Wigan Athletic v PNE - 30/07/21 - KO: 19:30 - Friendly

I don’t think we offered one. He was in the same group as Dolan and McFayden I believe where only Walker got a contract because it was offered before Covid
Yes I think that's right. Maybe giving him another chance as we'll need a few extra players for the reserve squad.

I’m assuming this means Neil didn’t rate him whereas McAvoy did. Can’t understand why Hemmings would refuse to offer him a contract only to then bring him on trial
wrong conclusion..... he was part of the group that TH didnt offer any contracts too - incl Ty & joe nolan

Personally I preferred Lewi Earl at CB to Tyler but he is tall and aggressive with pace..... just very rash..

wrong conclusion..... he was part of the group that TH didnt offer any contracts too - incl Ty & joe nolan

Personally I preferred Lewi Earl at CB to Tyler but he is tall and aggressive with pace..... just very rash..
I’m confused why Hemmings would then allow us to bring him on trial? Or was it just a blanket “No” and now fans are back in grounds he’d be happy to offer a contract as the opportunity arises

Hopefully learning from the pros will beat the rashness out of him because pace is something you can’t teach

I’m confused why Hemmings would then allow us to bring him on trial? Or was it just a blanket “No” and now fans are back in grounds he’d be happy to offer a contract as the opportunity arises

Hopefully learning from the pros will beat the rashness out of him because pace is something you can’t teach
I think it was exactly this.... when lockdown happened they had no idea when they would get any income and so cut all future spending...

Now we are almost back with fans and income possible it might be worth a few 'central league contracts'.....

As you said, only Ethan got one because he already had one pre covid....

Joe Nolan and Brian McFayden were two Neil really liked but had to go - joe on bench for Rovers in friendly v Leeds this week.

Reactions: OB1
In Harrop and Bayliss, I want to see the drive, hunger, initiative and determination of players who are playing for their future. Not dawdling around, half assed, playing safe sideways and backwards passes 9 times out of 10.

Harrop especially.

I think it was exactly this.... when lockdown happened they had no idea when they would get any income and so cut all future spending...

Now we are almost back with fans and income possible it might be worth a few 'central league contracts'.....

As you said, only Ethan got one because he already had one pre covid....

Joe Nolan and Brian McFayden were two Neil really liked but had to go - joe on bench for Rovers in friendly v Leeds this week.
McFayden was playing in Swansea’s friendly (although isn’t Brian McFayden the former Westlife member - he’s called Lincoln isn’t he?)

Pre-Season - Final Friendly
Wigan 0-0 PNE

Thomas goes closes for North End as he meets the ball in from Harrop but his volley is well saved by Amos!