Match Day - Wycombe Wanderers v PNE - 09/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - FA Cup 3rd Round

John T

Advisor to the Owner
Which begs the obvious question, if they aren’t good enough why play them?

You are the manager Alex, it’s your job to put out a winning team, and to coach players who aren’t performing well to do better.

It’s not your job to put all of them on the pitch together to prove a point to others in the club.

That is shit management Alex.

As fans we want to see our team win, you effectively put a team out to lose and then followed up with ‘I told you so’.

Gareth Ainsworth and John Coleman are head and shoulders above you in management Alex, you need to sort yourself out, and quickly.
I remember a time when the Team had many more matches over a season, played with a hard Ball that when wet felt like ‘a ton' weight, if they got injured? The only thing they could rely on was a 'Magic sponge' and No substitutes allowed

Were paid a lot less for the privilege too

Those really were the days when Men were Men, not pampered babies

Kathryn

Advisor to the Owner
I remember a time when the Team had many more matches over a season, played with a hard Ball that when wet felt like ‘a ton' weight, if they got injured? The only thing they could rely on was a 'Magic sponge' and No substitutes allowed

Were paid a lot less for the privilege too

Those really were the days when Men were Men, not pampered babies
And they wore proper 🥾 boots.

HunterLionheart

Forum Patron
Patron
Why?
Were the tactics wrong?
Was there a lack of effort?
Are they simply inferior to the Wycombe fringe players?
That's the right set of questions. I don't know the answer, personally, but it's much better to be asking than starting with a conclusion and trying to force the evidence to fit.

Final Stand

Forum Patron
Patron

right lads, you can hardly see the Players a few yards away, so what I want you to do is Hoof it into the oppositions half and see if you can pick out one of our players. Good luck. Ready steady Hoof!
Great decision to wear the green kit?

john2321

Advisor to the Owner
Wycombe put out their strongest eleven, we were without ten of ours.
Very true, but fringe players are still allowed to try and put in a performance. It’s now the time to clear half of these out. I hate it when they say after a drubbing that we have to quickly forget and move on to the next game. Well for their fucking information, we the fans can’t easily forget that dross they gave us yesterday.

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Very true, but fringe players are still allowed to try and put in a performance. It’s now the time to clear half of these out. I hate it when they say after a drubbing that we have to quickly forget and move on to the next game. Well for their fucking information, we the fans can’t easily forget that dross they gave us yesterday.
Ripley, Storey, Raffery & Stockley aren't and won't ever be good enough and right now it doesn't seem Earl or Bayliss are ready for the Championship either but they have a bit more time to prove their worth. That's six players out of the eleven who you can't rely on.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner

I don’t know about you but I usually get over a defeat after a few drinks on a Saturday night.

SMURF

Forum Patron
Patron
Just watching weeds getting stuffed by div2 Crawley. It just shows what can happen when you run at the opposition with purpose instead of fannying about and letting them get organised

Mickypne

Advisor to the Owner
How pissed off will you be of chorley draw Wycombe at Adams Park. I'll be well.pissed off. It would have been great to see pne v chorley

STF72

Manager
Watching Crawley a team that has the 23rd budget in league 2 destroy a changed premiership Leeds side. Chorley beat a much changed Derby side,We couldn’t even give a game to a side stuck at the bottom of same league as us with a worse budget than ourselves. I’d say budgets aren’t the reason teams win matches I’d argue it’s how the manager sets them up, AN has never liked the FA cup and is more concerned about bleating on about how he hasn’t had the backing than trying to win a match

rem

Forum Patron
Patron
Which begs the obvious question, if they aren’t good enough why play them?

You are the manager Alex, it’s your job to put out a winning team, and to coach players who aren’t performing well to do better.

It’s not your job to put all of them on the pitch together to prove a point to others in the club.

That is shit management Alex.

As fans we want to see our team win, you effectively put a team out to lose and then followed up with ‘I told you so’.

Gareth Ainsworth and John Coleman are head and shoulders above you in management Alex, you need to sort yourself out, and quickly.

Interesting that the majority of posters on the Team for Wycombe thread posted teams very similar to yesterday and some of those posters are now lambasting the manager for the team he played!! Hypocrites!!

rem

Forum Patron
Patron
Don't know what's happened to Storey. When he first came, I thought he looked like the real deal.

Now, he looks slow, hesitant, weak, poor positionally and clumsy on the ball.

Shame.

Definitely needs to go out on loan but we need to bring in 2 central defenders first

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
I'd trust Hughes & Browne to do a better job than Storey at CB right now, so don't think we need to replace him personally.
Never seen a player in more desperate need to drop down a level and play.

Reactions: rem