PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Wycombe Wanderers v PNE - 09/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - FA Cup 3rd Round

We fielded a severely weakened side in a cup competition that we're never going to win.

The ship that set sail for North End today definitely wasn't our titanic.
No team we field weakened or not should be getting dicked by Wycombe with little to no reply.
Don't care that we lost. It's the complete lack of pride or desire shown by that 11 that is winding me right up.

A glimpse of a post-Big-4 future?

Powder puff from the start, from the League One back 5, to the one-paced ghosts drifting around midfield, to the wooden fence-post up front.

Riis gets minor credit for a typical tumble-n-pen, but that was shite - standard, AN-style, up-for-the-Cup shite.

The Ched Evans signing has made sense. I know I joked about it earlier, but Stockley had numerous balls put in a position where he could easily head (or slightly move to head) the ball and either broke the move up or didn't win the ball. Much as I'm vehemently against the signing of Evans, we can see where he'll come into use.

Shows how weak we are when our back up players play , demonstrates why they are not played in league when others are available , also worryingly the back 4 without Davies and Bauer looks very weak, looked very much like Preston players were strangers who hadn’t played together before , Wycombe seemed to find their own players with ease. We are a team very much in transition, the next few weeks could be very difficult dependent on the turnover of players and how quickly new players settle in to the system of how Neil wants to play
I agree. Most worrying. And AN doesn't seem to have any clue what to do when things go wrong (as they usually do). I genuinely fear a relegation battle looms with the squad well have left when Johnson, Davies and Pearson leave as they surely will.

Call me a bed wetter, but that was completely shite.
I don't care if that was a mixed team. If we have a single player not able to match Wycombe fuckin Wanderers then they need to be gone. I would include Rafferty, Earl, Stockley, Potts, Ripley, Storey, Hughes, Browne and Fisher on todays evidence; all robbing a wage above their capability.
And the tactics!! It's like we went top at Charlton, had a nose bleed and never recovered. Brentford and Bournemouth games are the exception of course.

I agree. Most worrying. And AN doesn't seem to have any clue what to do when things go wrong (as they usually do). I genuinely fear a relegation battle looms with the squad well have left when Johnson, Davies and Pearson leave as they surely will.
It's what I expect. If they don't shell out championship money for replacements, we will go from a mid table club to relegation fodder.

No team we field weakened or not should be getting dicked by Wycombe with little to no reply.
Don't care that we lost. It's the complete lack of pride or desire shown by that 11 that is winding me right up.

Completely correct point, today has shown that some players are not good enough and should be moved on and replaced.

And Stockley played for a mid table league 2 side

I’m struggling to see how this supports your argument 😂
Never said Stockley was good just don't understand why the rest of em get less stick as they're just as bad, Harry Cardwell would be better 😂

Don't think the formation did us any favours. Bayliss isn't a winger and Molumby isn't a winger, just full of running.

We need to sign Fisher up. The support he gave and the balls into the box were so much better than Rafferty.

Stockley needs to go. Rafferty needs to go.

The problem with PNE is that the players play when they want!
AN cannot motivate and this proves game after game.
Today was another embarrassing performance and against a team who do not have much cash for top rated players, what you got from them was effort, endeavour and a desire to try and win!
This is something that North End players don’t have, we must get a manager who can motivate and get the best out of this group of players.
They have shown many times that they are good enough, but too many times they just get rolled over, sort it out Ridsdale, what is the point of signing players when they only perform when they want, AN just ruins players!

Someone get on to the website hosting company - we're going into full meltdown mode here. Gonna need some bandwidth.

Popcorn time Worthy...... get that rum open.

I will have mine neat with one lump of ice please
Bit bored of rum this week. Will be drinking virgin Mary's tonight. Went out earlier to stock up on tomato juice & tabasco :) (y)