PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Wycombe Wanderers v PNE - 09/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - FA Cup 3rd Round

That’s a fair comment from him. Perhaps slightly brutal but honest.

Would be good to hear from him regarding our actual game plan as well.

Are the players at fault for this stupid, aimless, ineffective hoof ball method that we’ve seen so often these last few months, or are those the instructions from him? I agree with him that you can’t legislate for a series of very basic individual mistakes, which clearly cost us today but how does he explain the slow, turgid sideways and backwards passing followed eventually by an aimless hoof forward which costs us time and time again.
Quite right. Yes there were poor performances but we also need to look at the tactics. The formation surrendered midfield and gave us no width.

Don’t downplay the Magpies’ achievement.

According to Radio 5live they beat Wayne Rooney's Derby County - a combination of their U23s and U18s.

And the record books will only show Chorley 2-0 Derby County.
I’m not debating that. I was responding to the statement about Derby fans being in meltdown. Which they won’t be

GA: "I'm really proud of the performance today, some of the boys who haven't been playing came in and showed me what they can do so it's a team selection headache for the next game and that's what I want as manager."

AN: "The simple fact is we gave opportunities to players who haven't been playing of late, and people ask why they haven't been playing, and I think it was quite clear today. They shouldn't have any complaints if they're not in the team for a long time."

There couldn't be a starker contrast between the after - match comments of the two managers. Sums it all up really.

That was an utter disgrace. Got to say I did have a bad feeling about today's game from the time the draw was made. So it proved - a lightweight side simply pushed aside by a team with energy and effort. The lack of a proper central defence was obviously crucial - things might haver been different if we had had Huntington on from the start. But the fact is that our FA Cup campaign lasted less than half an hour before it was blitzed out of sight. That is the third season in succession we have lost at the first hurdle and frankly lost pretty ignominiously. For someone like me who can remember real glory days in the Cup - a competition I still revere - it is dismal and demoralising. Added to something else that happened this week you feel that the manager simply does no appreciate what this club is meant to be. I have a self-imposed rule that I don't drink before 6.00pm and so the bottle of red wine that is already open in my kitchen will wait till then but it won't wait any longer.

Not heard from you since Ernest - did you open another couple of bottles?!

GA: "I'm really proud of the performance today, some of the boys who haven't been playing came in and showed me what they can do so it's a team selection headache for the next game and that's what I want as manager."

AN: "The simple fact is we gave opportunities to players who haven't been playing of late, and people ask why they haven't been playing, and I think it was quite clear today. They shouldn't have any complaints if they're not in the team for a long time."

There couldn't be a starker contrast between the after - match comments of the two managers. Sums it all up really.

Yeah, both managers asked fringe players to come in and show why they should get picked more. Ours failed, miserably.

Fucking hell, just watching a daily news programme here in Sydney and they've just brought up about Chorley getting to the next round. Showed footage of them singing an Adele song as celebration.

"The simple fact is we gave opportunities to players who haven't been playing of late, and people ask why they haven't been playing, and I think it was quite clear today. They shouldn't have any complaints if they're not in the team for a long time." Alex Neil’s words

Which begs the obvious question, if they aren’t good enough why play them?

You are the manager Alex, it’s your job to put out a winning team, and to coach players who aren’t performing well to do better.

It’s not your job to put all of them on the pitch together to prove a point to others in the club.

That is shit management Alex.

As fans we want to see our team win, you effectively put a team out to lose and then followed up with ‘I told you so’.

Gareth Ainsworth and John Coleman are head and shoulders above you in management Alex, you need to sort yourself out, and quickly.

Which begs the obvious question, if they aren’t good enough why play them?

You are the manager Alex, it’s your job to put out a winning team, and to coach players who aren’t performing well to do better.

It’s not your job to put all of them on the pitch together to prove a point to others in the club.

That is shit management Alex.

As fans we want to see our team win, you effectively put a team out to lose and then followed up with ‘I told you so’.

Gareth Ainsworth and John Coleman are head and shoulders above you in management Alex, you need to sort yourself out, and quickly.

Not risk certain players, give the players chances to fight for the shirt.

It would be even worse management if he played Johnson, Fisher, Browne, Davies, Pearson, Maguire, Sinclair and Barkhuizen all from the start and they either got injured or it caused them fatigue for the league.

Not risk certain players, give the players chances to fight for the shirt.

It would be even worse management if he played Johnson, Fisher, Browne, Davies, Pearson, Maguire, Sinclair and Barkhuizen all from the start and they either got injured or it caused them fatigue for the league.

I don’t agree, I believe for a first team fixture we should always field our best team.

This resting players started with the big clubs who were in the league, 2 domestic cups and European comps at the same time.....

Fucking hell, just watching a daily news programme here in Sydney and they've just brought up about Chorley getting to the next round. Showed footage of them singing an Adele song as celebration.

Great win, shit taste in music.

Be thankful Muzz - we got highlights of the scum 😡