PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Wycombe Wanderers v PNE - 09/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Watching Crawley a team that has the 23rd budget in league 2 destroy a changed premiership Leeds side. Chorley beat a much changed Derby side,We couldn’t even give a game to a side stuck at the bottom of same league as us with a worse budget than ourselves. I’d say budgets aren’t the reason teams win matches I’d argue it’s how the manager sets them up, AN has never liked the FA cup and is more concerned about bleating on about how he hasn’t had the backing than trying to win a match

It is nothing to do with AN not wanting to progress in the FA cup. That team was the obvious eleven for that match in view of injuries and players needing a rest. Nobody would have expected them to play so badly collectively although no doubt some will claim the opposite

Watching Crawley a team that has the 23rd budget in league 2 destroy a changed premiership Leeds side. Chorley beat a much changed Derby side,We couldn’t even give a game to a side stuck at the bottom of same league as us with a worse budget than ourselves.
In the context of this discussion we should be talked about like Leeds and Derby, not Crawley or Chorley.

Great decision to wear the green kit?
Don't go there, it has become a sin to wear white away from home.
On another thread we have people enthusing about statistical analysis giving teams an edge.
Well how about wearing a kit that is easier for team-mates to spot each other or is that the wrong science.

Barky has tested positive for COVID, Browne is just back from injury and I read that Davies & DJ weren't fit? (possibly on their way).

Rudd, Bauer, Sinclair & Pearson injured.

So more of a case of giving players a final chance rather than resting, i'm not sure who else we were meant to field yesterday?

Reactions: rem
Barky has tested positive for COVID, Browne is just back from injury and I read that Davies & DJ weren't fit? (possibly on their way).

So more of a case of giving players a final chance rather than resting, i'm not sure who else we were meant to field yesterday?
Not necessarily.

He is self isolating as are some coaching staff. It doesnt mean they necessarily have Covid but possibly been in contact with someone who has.

Not necessarily.

He is self isolating as are some coaching staff. It doesnt mean they necessarily have Covid but possibly been in contact with someone who has.
Either way, he couldn't bloody play. Talk about pedantic.

It is nothing to do with AN not wanting to progress in the FA cup. That team was the obvious eleven for that match in view of injuries and players needing a rest. Nobody would have expected them to play so badly collectively although no doubt some will claim the opposite
I think it has a lot to do with the manager not arsed about progressing, we played Wycombe in the league with a stronger side and were very fortunate they scored an own goal to gift us a point. AN didn’t need to make as many changes if he was interested in giving Wycombe a game, think playing Bayliss and Molumby in unorthodox positions didn’t help either. The difference between Chorley and Crawley to us they were set up with a game plan we don’t have any game plan

How long will Barkhuizen have to isolate for, and how many games will he miss as well, because we will have no natural f wingers without him.

How long will Barkhuizen have to isolate for, and how many games will he miss as well, because we will have no natural f wingers without him.
Not sure but Alan Browne seemed to be back relatively quickly?

So we played a weakened side due to necessity rather than giving non regulars a chance?

M7gkjsv5.jpg

Lancashire Police have fined Preston North End £500 for making an unnecessary trip to Wycombe.

I have to say after careful consideration of this match, rather than instant reaction

IF Alex Neil was trying to prove point that his exiting squad wasn’t good enough, In My book he succeeded

SO now IMO Trevor needs to listen and take action

He either backs the Manager or ‘gets rid’ and appoints someone who HE thinks will get more out of the squad

It HAS to be one or the other, or if THAT performance was a sign of things to come in the weeks ahead, by season’s end we could well be in a relegation struggle, despite the points ‘on the board at the present time

In the run up to Saturdays game I had the misfortune of watching the highlights from the last time we played Wycombe in the cup. Misfortune in that it reminded me that we used to play with pace and energy. The difference was stark, not just to Saturday’s “effort” ( in the loosest sense of the word) but pretty much the last 12 months. How have we gone from that to this?

I have to say after careful consideration of this match, rather than instant reaction

IF Alex Neil was trying to prove point that his exiting squad wasn’t good enough, In My book he succeeded

SO now IMO Trevor needs to listen and take action

He either backs the Manager or ‘gets rid’ and appoints someone who HE thinks will get more out of the squad

It HAS to be one or the other, or if THAT performance was a sign of things to come in the weeks ahead, by season’s end we could well be in a relegation struggle, despite the points ‘on the board at the present time
Is that the existing squad players he signed and played???