PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Wycombe Wanderers v PNE - 13/03/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

No at Donny he also built from the first phase. I’m on about when there’s long balls to our defence, he sinks too deep so when we win the header it just goes back to them.

It’s ball watching rather than reading the game - I think Oli formerly of FTF also pointed it out vs Bristol City on his debut.
Haven't noticed to be honest..but maybe that's not his game, probably Ledsons or Molumbys. So who's to blame for that?...possibly the managers. Maybe?. Hes a talented ball player not a cleaner upper

Since New Year we've now taken only 12 points from 14 league games, including losses to Wycombe (24th), Owls (23rd), and Rotherham (22nd). If this was our form over a full season it would equate to 39 points, which is indisputably relegation form. We may well stay up because of the shortcomings of other clubs.

For all that I feel that the owner is ultimately responsible for this shambles, AN is very far from blameless, and it feels like he's run his course with us now.

To be fair, they have to be held to account too. Some of their performances have been diabolical and lazy at best. They are not beyond reproach either.

Agree about the players Joan, but the two manager’s post match interviews give a pretty clear idea of which, of the two, could instil belief, determination and team spirit in their players.
AN looks and sounds like a lost soul, a beaten and defeated puppy, whose players are a disappointment to him due to their lack of professionalism. Unlike the professionalism that he himself exhibited when he was a player. His words.
Looks from the outside looking in that he’s lost interest in the club, and the players have lost faith in him.

To be fair, they have to be held to account too. Some of their performances have been diabolical and lazy at best. They are not beyond reproach either.

I thought they started the game in a tired and lethargic manner which deteriorated into a shambles the longer the first half went on. I'm not knocking DJ but he played a ball early on which was ten yards behind his intended target and, for me, that set the tone.

If you can't see that our tactics, team selection and style of play has been wrong in that first half I can only conclude you are Alex Neil's agent.
🤔
Cmon, no need
Check out my post pre game re: team selection

Haven't noticed to be honest..but maybe that's not his game, probably Ledsons or Molumbys. So who's to blame for that?...possibly the managers. Maybe?. Hes a talented ball player not a cleaner upper
A fair point, but even then Gally rarely sinks too deep.

He’ll be a good player for us regardless of who’s in charge imo

If you can't see that our tactics, team selection and style of play has been wrong in that first half I can only conclude you are Alex Neil's agent.
No defending him, but I once again notice you chose not to comment on the team selection before the start of the game.

Hindsight is great isn’t it.

I do agree that the owner has to take a big responsibility - not bringing in players or replacing ones that were sold.

I think up till around January I thought Neil was doing a good job with the resources available. I thought give him till the end of Jan and see what he could do with the 8 new players. Then we lose to Rothertham, Millwall, watford, get battered by Cardiff. The worrying thing isn't the results it's the performances. And to be fair I'm embarrassed that we are top for most long balls forward - I think that's disgusting to be fair.

However:

we have broken our transfer record,
he wanted ched evans,
we brought in a sought after young player in Gordan and Iverson then he chooses not to play him,
We break our wage ceiling to sign sinclair and get DJ and Browne to sign new contracts,
We have lost 18 games this season - to put things in perspective - charlton only lost 4 more last season and went down.
We are getting dominated by bottom side Wycombe.

He's been backed now and he can't say otherwise. His constant moaning is irritating. There are certain things you keep behind closed doors not winge to the media like a little bitch. And if he isn't that happy he should just leave and go. If I was working for someone and I wasn't happy then I would leave also.

To be fair it wouldn't surprise me if we lose today he goes.

The players - yes maybe they should take responsibility but playing long balls forward isn't players choice it's clearly tactical.
He's not been backed. He's been shafted. As we all have been.
He's not immune, fuck it I don't give a shit if he's sacked and I don't give a shit if most this squad don't play for pne ever again, I'm bored to death of watching them. It's abundantly clear Neil isn't the entire problem it's the absolute out of touch way we're run.

He's not immune, fuck it I don't give a shit if he's sacked and I don't give a shit if most this squad don't play for pne ever again, I'm bored to death of watching them. It's abundantly clear Neil isn't the entire problem it's the absolute out of touch way we're run.
After today's shambles, I couldn't agree anymore!

Would you say we had a better squad than Wycombe?
Presumably the answer is yes?
Please tell us why Wycombe have embarrassed us 3 times this season?

Would you say we had a better squad than Wycombe?
Presumably the answer is yes?
Please tell us why Wycombe have embarrassed us 3 times this season?
What do you want me to say? Of course teams lose all the time, I'm saying it's not all Neil's fault, but we are soft and shit that's very frustrating for me to watch

Waiting to see a North End game on a Sat/Tues for the last 12 months has been a bit like waiting to see your dentist.
Very rarely we’ve been given a big smile and an apple.
Mostly we’ve come out of it with a mouth full of fillings.
And sometimes, like today it’s been like multiple extractions without anaesthetic.
Football should be about entertainment...I’d already decided not to renew because of Ingol but this last 12 months of dental appointments certainly hasn’t changed my mind.

In the interview I thought the manager was blaming some of the long serving players, made a point of doing so.
If that's what he thinks, why the feck does he keep picking them. FFS try something different, give Bayliss a chance, sure as hell couldn't be any worse!...

If that's what he thinks, why the feck does he keep picking them. FFS try something different, give Bayliss a chance, sure as hell couldn't be any worse!...

Stubborn swine....

"The floggings will continue until morale improves"

Hopefully get to half time at 0-0 10 men behind the ball hopefully hit them on the break , go 1-0 down make a sub after 60 minutes take a forward off to bring another on still playing the same tactics, bring two subs on with less than ten minutes to go at last create a couple of chances but fail to take them . Alex’s interview after the match I thought we were unlucky to lose we had more of the ball( in we’re own half) had chances to get something from the game in fact we could have won it . We knew they would be fighting for the points and be very physical so we had to match that unfortunately we didn’t win our battles . Repeat over and over again , till the end of the season .
Posted this way before the match, apart from Wycombe scoring in the first half can’t honestly see see much wrong with my prediction where are those people who said I was being negative before the game and seemed to think I just had it in for Neil our fantastic manager . Please feel free to respond now as I said if I was wrong I would be the first to admit it , Have you got the guts to admit it was you who was totally wrong to have faith in Neil .