PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match-fixing in Champions League?

This follows on from this week there being a massive investigation into the top Belgian league.

Does it really matter tho . PSG would have won anyway

Nah youre right, what does it matter if the games people pay to see are fixed by those that are involved in them. It matters nothing that the actual competitive element is taken away so some greedy get can make copious amounts of money. In fact why play the game at all, lets just announce a result instead.

Nah youre right, what does it matter if the games people pay to see are fixed by those that are involved in them. It matters nothing that the actual competitive element is taken away so some greedy get can make copious amounts of money. In fact why play the game at all, lets just announce a result instead.

Absolutely spot-on !!!

Don't know enough around the specifics of this story but if someone has lumped 5m Euros on a fairly obscure market, like margin of victory, he may as well have announced in the national press that "the fix is in"

Can't believe he got the bet layed to be honest but maybe they do things differently down Belgrade way

Red star would've definitely won if that guy didn't bet on the game for sure

But they likely would have won by less goals. It affects other teams in the group with the goal difference for a start, which may affect qualification for the next stage.

You are missing the point.......

I dont ever want to go to a sporting event if i think that there is any level of fixing going on.....

It de-values the whole occasion, if there has been some outside influence...

You are missing the point.......

I dont ever want to go to a sporting event if i think that there is any level of fixing going on.....

It de-values the whole occasion, if there has been some outside influence...

What about Hameed leaving straight ones 4 games in a row Ando? Something a bit fishy maybe, although I doubt you'd get the liquidity for 5m euro in a County Championship match!!

What about Hameed leaving straight ones 4 games in a row Ando? Something a bit fishy maybe, although I doubt you'd get the liquidity for 5m euro in a County Championship match!!

What has happened to the lad? England breakthrough go to his head?