PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread - Crystal Palace v PNE (5/4/10)

It's about time that people started to realise that he's completely inept mate, it's no good making good saves and then dropping a clanger in every single game.

He's simply not good enough.

Watford 1 West Brom 1 - luckily the teams below us are fucking it up.
But they are all picking things up against us. Scunthorpe will come here knowing a win will keep them up an play with hearts bigger than ours have been recently. Mansfield 1993 spring to mind when we needed one more victory to stay up.............

SSN "Wednesday have never looked like scoring, they couldnt buy a goal"

Sound familiar anyone???

Joan I must disagree with your reply, I know it's your opinion but mine is I don't feel the same, I know Alan was dire and made some mistakes but given that he came to us as a novice manager who was given the remnants of Simpsons reign he was told there was no money for loans or limited in what he spent he had to play his team as and where they were needed However we now have a proven manager who has been able to bring players on loan from a team with the best training set-up and promise of money to spend in the summer Sorry Joan as far as I am concerned the manager has a problem and in my opinion it's with the players tell me this how can players who were our heroes one especially who had his name on the score sheet almost every game last year and at the start of this season, suddenly become the slob they all want to call him I know some are showing no interest but I blame the manager and bad management which is sure fire to alienate the staff.

Barbara the only thing I believe Alan Irvine was guilty of is being way too soft with the players and, believing they would get him out of any problems at the rear end of the season. He bought a lot of proven championship players becuase I firmly believe the ethos throughout the club is that we should be grateful for what we have, hence if we stay in this division every year its a bonus:eek: If that has been preached for several years, which it has thats exactly what you finish up with, playing staff and management with no ambition or need to try for anything. It was always going to happen. Darren Ferguson has come in and is trying to reverse that idea from a lot of very stubborn people who preferred the other way of thinking, it meant they didn't have to do too much.

I fail to see the funny side of this but then what the fuck do you know?

You have to laugh or you would cry. Pointless getting worked up over it, the players certainly don't.

Luckily for me my interest in PNE is dying with each passing game so I no longer concern myself with results, good or bad.

You have to laugh or you would cry. Pointless getting worked up over it, the players certainly don't.

Luckily for me my interest in PNE is dying with each passing game so I no longer concern myself with results, good or bad.

Tell me about it, I honestly don't really give a fuck.

why?

we're a laughing stock. way way way to easy to beat. no organisation whatsoever leaking goals for fun.

he's no upto it. tactically it's atrocious and he clearly can't command the respect of a lot of the team.

we're woeful.

Why? Because we were in freefall under Irvine too yet you all worshipped him like he was the second coming - he never got those chants.

Give Fergie a chance for the love of God!

About time he realised the honeymoons over. Time for DF to show whether he can motivate the players or not.

Pre Irvine we were shipping goals for fun. The first thing Irvine did after appointment was stop that trend and get the players on his side. He saved the club from almost certain relegation.

None of this has happened for Fergie. He doesn't strike me as being really interested in PNE more concerned with Darren Ferguson.

I hope we get the points necessary to keep us up as it will be a disaster if we go down. I don't believe we will be relegated but what a mess eh?

Last edited:
Fuck me what's worse the players are us fickle fans.:(

these are not the fickle fans- these are the ones who go home & away and have been today. I've had two reports that we were simply awful. again.

I'm getting a bit disturbed at the blind faith being shown in the ferguson regime.

I think that there are a few secret united t*ats on here who think everything and anything fergie is great. Clearly it isn't. only a blind man can't see the goals against column and the lack of organisation on the pitch.

Its not blind faith completeley, its about the amount of money and players we can borrow, that just having Fergie JR can generate.

Why? Because we were in freefall under Irvine too yet you all worshipped him like he was the second coming - he never got those chants.

i didn't do anything of the sort.

irvine:

PROS
saved us from relegation with some massive away wins and solid organisation.

got us to play-offs with some very ordinary players through again, strong organisation and superb home record. Players clearly respected him.

EXCUSES: not given financial clout to improve on achievements- in fact quite the opposite- lost club captain and best player to championship rivals. overcame this with good start then had to sell st ledger mid season, which immediately led to massive slump.

CONS- bought a lot of average joes and some even worse. no sell on value in team, no pace and no youth.

ferguson- talks a good game but naivety tactically too apparent. we also have the same thing happening a la simpson- he's upsetting the applecart too much at a critical time of the campaign. too much change, reports of player unrest. shipping goals for fun. total lack of organisation.
too much of the big i am.

It's not going to work out this one. I can see it already.

Fickle Fuckers, wont give anyone a chance or realise it takes time to turn around a team that where certs for relagation under Irvine,

just seen the goals on SSN all the goals are an absoulute joke

1 - all round awfull marking, couldn't clear are lines and left a couple of palace players unmarked at the back post
2 - st ledger with an shocking clearance
3- WTF was lonergan doing no wonder he stays on his line, if he flaps like that everytime he trys to catch a ball :mad:

On the plus side nice finish by treacy for our goal

About time he realised the honeymoons over. Time for DF to show whether he can motivate the players or not.

Pre Irvine we were shipping goals for fun. The first thing Irvine did after appointment was stop that trend and get the players on his side. He saved the club from almost certain relegation.

None of this has happened for Fergie. He doesn't strike me as being really interested in PNE more concerned with Darren Ferguson.
I hope we get the points necessary to keep us up as it will be a disaster if we go down. I don't believe we will be relegated but what a mess eh?

Justify this please ? why would it benefit DF in any way to not suceed at Preston ?

i didn't do anything of the sort.

irvine:

PROS
saved us from relegation with some massive away wins and solid organisation.

got us to play-offs with some very ordinary players through again, strong organisation and superb home record. Players clearly respected him.

EXCUSES: not given financial clout to improve on achievements- in fact quite the opposite- lost club captain and best player to championship rivals. overcame this with good start then had to sell st ledger mid season, which immediately led to massive slump.

CONS- bought a lot of average joes and some even worse. no sell on value in team, no pace and no youth.

ferguson- talks a good game but naivety tactically too apparent. we also have the same thing happening a la simpson- he's upsetting the applecart too much at a critical time of the campaign. too much change, reports of player unrest. shipping goals for fun. total lack of organisation.
too much of the big i am.

It's not going to work out this one. I can see it already.
Good post. I suspect that Ferguson started throwing hairdryers around as soon as he arrived and has lost the team.

Add poor tactical awareness to bad man-management skills, and see where it gets you - on the slippy slope down...

With the personel that has changed and with the time that has elapsed this slide is FIRMLY AND SQUARELY AT FERGIES DOOR. The guy as out of his depth. The only hope is Daddy will pull some strings somehow. The basic squad could perform and has done in the past.

We are in freefall and hopefully just 3 more points secure the future. However Fergy has lost the dressing room and most of the fans now.

Fergy OUT for me...........