Matthew Olosunde Signs (Confirmed)

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Decent signing. Vital that we finally added a pacey right back to the squad.

Bit surprised he's only signed for 2 years, club must still think he has a lot to prove ?

Also no mention of any compensation, presumably a free transfer ?

beagleman

Advisor to the Owner
Well... What a surprise... Chuffed about this lad. Heard good things about his defensive abilities. Welcome aboard young man.

BJW95

Manager
Decent signing. Vital that we finally added a pacey right back to the squad.

Bit surprised he's only signed for 2 years, club must still think he has a lot to prove ?

Also no mention of any compensation, presumably a free transfer ?

There will definitely have to be compensation as Rotherham offered him a new deal, but it'll be minimal as he wasn't produced by the club.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
There will definitely have to be compensation as Rotherham offered him a new deal, but it'll be minimal as he wasn't produced by the club.
I'm not sure what the rules are to be honest. He was at Rotherham for only 2 years and wasn't produced by their academy, so are they actually entitled to anything ? Just think the indications are that it's free as LEP reported it as a bosman a week or so ago and no mention of a compensation deal by the club.

As for contract length, having reflected on it whilst I'm pleased with the signing, Olosunde has only played for 1 season at this level and still has a lot to prove so perhaps 2 years is sensible for now like with Lindsay. 1+1 with Brown is sensible too. I'd rather give players a slightly shorter contract to begin with and then reward them for good performances, than do what we have done in the past and give players like Burke, Ripley and Rafferty 3 or 3.5 year contracts straight away upon signing for us.